All Digital Camcorders Capable of downloading to Computer?

Videomaker – Learn video production and editing, camera reviews Forums General Video and Film Discussion All Digital Camcorders Capable of downloading to Computer?

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Inactive

Greetings!

I apologize in advance for what is likely a ignorant question.

I just got access to a Panasonic AG EZ 30 digital camcorder. It’s not the newest camcorder on the block. When I got it I assumed all digital camcorders were capable of downloading to computers. However, in looking through the manual, no mention is made of doing so (though it does tell you how to watch it on TV, copy to VHS, etc).

It has a 4pin firewire connector. My computer doesn’t have that, so I’ll need to purchase a card and install it. Thing is, since nothing is said in the manual about downloading to a computer, it got me wondering if it can? (I don’t want to go to the expense and trouble of installing a card if it’s not going to work anyway.)

Thank you for your help.

Inactive

You need a $ 15 firewire card and a 4-6 firewire cable.
      Then capture (not download πŸ˜€ ) the footage onto your hard drive using software such as DVIO or even Windows Movie Maker, read the Help file and they’ll tell you what to do.

Inactive

svhs:

Thanks for the correction in terminology πŸ˜‰

So I need a card with a 6 pin firewire port? and a cable w/ 4 pin on one end and 6 on the other?

Thanks again,

Inactive

sierranomad Wrote:

So I need a card with a 6 pin firewire port? and a cable w/ 4 pin on one end and 6 on the other?

That’s right!

Inactive

Thanks!

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

homicide-bootstrap