Videomaker – Learn video production and editing, camera reviews › Forums › General › Video Contests & Festivals › Agenda set for FCPUG SuperMeet at Macworld
The agenda has now been set for the 8th Annual FCPUG “SuperMeet” to be held Wednesday, January 7, 2009 at the UCSF Mission Bay Conference Center in San Francisco, CA. Doors open at 4:30pm and presentations begin at 7pm and continue until 10PM. This SuperMeet promises to be the single largest gathering of Final Cut Pro users and Gurus during Macworld Conference and Expo SF.
The economy might be struggling, but this year’s SuperMeet will be the largest in our history with twenty four companies showing off their wares. That says something about this community. Scheduled to appear on stage, (subject to change) will be:
– Apple: The latest on Final Cut Studio – JVC: Craig Yanagi of JVC will announce the world’s first acquisition product developed especially for Final Cut post production. Come and be a part of this historic event.
– BlackMagic Design presents M. Dot Strange: Filmmaker M.Dot Strange will bring his magic to the SuperMeet.
– Bruce Nazarian: Blu-Ray on the Cheap. How to build a compatible Blu-Ray Disk and burn it on DVD-R media without a Blu-Ray burner.
– Christine Steele: FCP Tips and Tricks
– Eric Escobar: “Plug-Ins Won’t Save You” A plug-in package alone won’t create the “look” of your movie. A “look” is a combination of preproduction, design, performance, camera work and post wizardry. Eric will show us how to deconstruct a “look” from a TV show or movie, and reconstruct it on-the-cheap.
– Yun Suh: Clips from the documentary film “City of Borders” (Show and Tell)
Rounding out the evening will be the always raucous “World Famous Raffle” with over $40,000.00 worth of prizes to be handed out to several lucky winners.
300 “SuperBag” Goodie Bags filled with over $200.00 worth of learning resources will be handed to the first 300 people through the door. Food (snacks) and drinks will be available throughout the evening.
Tickets are now on sale for only $10.00 each and it is expected this SuperMeet will sell out. At this writing over 50% of the tickets are gone. Historically every SuperMeet sells out.
For complete details on the SuperMeet including driving and transit directions and instructions, a current list of raffle prizes and a link to where to buy tickets, visit the Los Angeles Final Cut Pro (lafcpug) web site.
http://www.lafcpug.org/macworld09 Buy your tickets now!