AG-HMC40 advice

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

hi, I will be attending college for video production soon. I like the panasonic AG-HMC40 because of all the reviews i read were good about it. I really like the formats it records in since i have a macbook pro with final cut express. Is the panasonic AG-HMC40 a good camcorder for a college student or is it too complicated and complex? i really like it. I just don’t want to be ahead of myself buying a “proffesional” camera when i am a novice. I really like the camera i just dont know if im ready or if i should buy it. Please give me some advice. Thank you.

Participant

Considering that it’s a pro camcorder well under $4,000, I doubt the setup would be too intimidating. The features are simplistic, but very in-depth with features from what I’ve read. A full HD (1920×1080) recording mode, 60p recording at 1280×720, and a native 24p recording mode are things I’ve only come across on the ones in the $8,000+ range. There’s been a few complaints about the lack of XLR and low light sensativity, but for something “professional” at $2,000 (from the deals I’ve found), I’d go for it at this point.

http://www.google.com/products?q=Panasonic+AG-HMC40&hl=en-GB&aq=f

Participant

thank you

Well, it’s been said that the 1/4″ CMOS sensors might be a bit limiting, in addition to the jello effect and other complaints some have had regarding judder when using zoom, or swish-panning, etc. I have been tempted, after viewing some footage at YouTube (Do a Google search of HMC-40 video footage, or go to YouTube and search for HMC-40 video) to consider purchasing an HMC-150, or two, and a third POV cam for tripod use with the HMC-40. Jury remains out though. It might be that I could save a few bucks purchasing one of each: 150 & 40. For many of us it is totally a matter of economics, right?

Participant

Thanks i just think the HMC150 might be a little out of my league still. I like the HMC40 and it looks pretty simple to use and its a good price. Im not even in college yet. I will be pretty soon but right now im still a novice. i just want an HD camcorder that will last me through college and that is a good camera. Thanks for the advice

Inactive

I don’t know but I just bought one. I am a Newbee and went by what Videomaker’s reviews publish that for the price was a hell of good camcorder. I will let you know when I get it how it goes.

Participant

Same im sorta a newbee and i really like that camera. Thanks dude

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best new video tech at CES 2019

Every year, we head to CES to check out the latest innovations in consumer technology and look for the next big thing in video production. CES 2019 was no exception.
homicide-bootstrap