After Effects in HD

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Participant

I’m an editor/videographer and have an upcoming after effects project. I haven’t done any work with after effects in HD. I have AE 6.5 What are some of the concerns? In my comp settings there is HDTV 1280×720. Is that it? I have a job coming up and I want to make sure I have the capabilities. Obviously, hd is coming up, are there any workshops, classes worth checking out in the Baltimore/DC area (and beyond)?
      Thanks

Participant

You will have a better experience with HD in AE if you have a good computer and updated software. Rendering HD is very strenuous on the processors and could be quite time consuming. I have a decent computer but wouldn’t even consider using it for an HD CG project. I would make sure I understand HD concepts and test my computers capability before accepting an HD project. It’s very important to know what HDTV 1280×720 means, but I can’t tell you if it’s the right setting…it depends on your HD footage or desired output quality.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

Choosing the Right Lens: The Ultimate Guide

The best lenses for video — 2020

Lenses are key to making your favorite camera create the images you envision. These are the best lenses for video available today.
homicide-bootstrap