Advise on buying storyboard software?

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

Hello,

I Would like to know what people consider to a good storyboard software program.

Thank

Mike

Participant

index cards. They already look widescreen and you can tac them to a bulletin bored or a wall so you can move your scenes around easily.

Participant

Exactly Rob!

You can easily carry them around, you can shuffle scenes, it’s easy to add scenes as they occur to you on the bus or boring Xmas parties. You can ‘pitch’ the movie easily to potential sponsors. You can lay them all out or stack them up in sections…they’re grrrreat!

Participant

Do not know is this is pertinent any more but a program I play with that offers a storyboard section is Celtx.

It is touted as a full production script software offering script writing, character lists, prop lists, calendar of shoots, inventory, and such. Is relatively easy to use, and for me, best of all the base programis free.

I do not do much script writing myself but it has a multitude of forums you can download others projects for review/critique. I use that moreto see the “how they do that” in their productions.

Luis Oscar MaymiLuis Oscar Maymi
    Participant

Celtx is a great program and the storyboard section is pretty decent. Since I cannot draw anything more than stick figures is difficult to illustrate what I want to say with my awful drawing. I also began looking for that storyboard software, but many of them are a little expensive for my budget. So I start experimenting using Google SketchUp as my “storyboard software”. It works pretty good and since you make a complete 3D model of the location you can place your talent any way you like (I use a 3D Human dummy that I downloaded from SketchUp 3D warehouse as my talent), position the cameras and play with the camera angles. Its pretty effective and best of all SketchUp is free. Of course you spend hours building a 3D model that will not look like a real building (if you are not a hardcore expert in SketchUp), but at least it illustrate the location and gives a better idea of what you want to express. After you have your model move around and position the view similar to the camera angles you like and export it as a 2D Graphic (.jpeg) Then go to Celtx storyboard and import the pictures.

Luis Oscar MaymiLuis Oscar Maymi
    Participant

Here is a pictures of my recent storyboard:

• Viewing 5 reply threads
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best stock video sites — 2020

Stock video sometimes gets a bad wrap in the filmmaking community. In reality, however, we see stock video used every day in any number of applications. Below, you'll find our selections for the best places to look...
    homicide-bootstrap