advice on new camera

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

hi to all. i need advice on buying a new camera i have and are very happy whit panasonic agdvx100b, but i am looking to go tapeless or hybrid (tape and memory sticks ).

What i am looking for is something thats has the panasonic carateristics or better and can record on memory (hibrid better) i am not requerid any HD but it will be nice

any suggestions will be great appreciated

Thank you for your help..

Inactive

How much you have to spend on your new camera? Factor in some dollars for extra memory . whatever whether is important when you are buying a shoot digital camera or an SLR camera the same considerations apply. And you should decide do you want it go in your handbag?number of Megapixels of a camera is an important issue .so decide first….

Check out Panasonic’s AG-HVX200A camera. Similar in function to your current camera, it seems to have the “hybrid” recording functions that you’re looking by offering you the options of tape and its P2 card. It’s also HD. You can purchase this particular camera used on eBay from the more reputable eBay video stores.

Participant

thank you for your response i am looking to spend like 3000, those p2 cards can i use them on final cut?

thanks

Participant

Final Cut is pretty format friendly I hear,should have no problem with the P2 cards or the file typesfrom those cameras, it’s just a matter of hardware compatibility and getting your files into the computer.

P2 is a robust storage type, but MUCH more expensive than SD or compact flash cards.

You say you don’t require HD, but honestly, if you’re going to be purchasing a new camera I would have to ask why you wouldn’t want to go HD. It is the future… today. πŸ™‚

Participant

Thanks for your responce.

for one HD as i hear es more time and resource need, I am open on it but i still have to see. The clients i have are low paying so i do not want to spend to much time on something that i will not get pay what is worth.

I have been looking at a panasonic ag-ac160, and still researching any toughts

thanks

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best 360 cameras available β€” 2020

360-degree video is a brand new medium driven by new 360 camera technology. However, its immersive qualities create unique technological challenges.
homicide-bootstrap