Advice needed – Best video editing PC for approx 5000

Videomaker – Learn video production and editing, camera reviews Forums General Video and Film Discussion Advice needed – Best video editing PC for approx 5000

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Inactive

I’m currently using Adobe Premiere Pro CS4, After effects and photoshop on a HP workstation laptop. I can’t preview 1080 footage if i’ve done absolutely anything to it and transcoding takes an age.

I’ve just been given the go-ahead to upgrade both hardware and software, so i’m about to upgrade to CS5, but i have no idea what computer to get. Advice on the web is patchy at best!

ANy help in this area would be greatly appreciated. I have to be able to order this in the UK…

Thanks! Dan

Participant

Hi Dan

For what it is worth, I recently upgraded to CS5 and had a local computer company put together a pcbased onVideoguys guide (http://www.videoguys.com/Guide/E/Videoguys+DIY8+Sneak+Peek+Work+in+Progess+Coming+this+Fall/0x094b1737e0a06c495e5178a167fbdbd7.aspx)

This worked well for me. I am in Canada and had no problem getting the components needed.

Heidi

Participant

Last May I ordered a new HP and upgraded to CS5. I just got their performance one and topped out the graphics card and memory. It smokes Full AVCHD faster than I used to edit SD. Everything is so fast and my work space in AE is huge. I also got the largest monitor they had vs. going tosplit screen and am totally happy with all the above.

I paid about 2,200-2,300 for the computer and ran right around 3 with the upgrade and since I was cleared for more like you are I snuck in a couple1tb externals for storage of HD video. Yhe only thing about the whole upgrade for me was that Esata Externals are finiky with windows 7 for some reason, I haven’t looked into a work around and just ran firewire to them when I need them.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best audio and video recorders — 2021

In this article, we’ll cover the best external recorders for both video and audio recording. Then, we’ll go over the specs we considered when making our selections so that you can choose the best recorder for your specific situation. The...
homicide-bootstrap