Advice From HD Users

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Participant

Hey guys! I’m about ready to take the plunge into HD for weddings. I will most likely have to start with just 2 cameras but here’s what I want to know from those of you who do HD editing:

I have Premiere Pro 2 (and AE 7, etc) so HD editing is fully supported, however my PC is getting older. I have a 2.4Ghz P4 HT, 2G Ram, ATI Radeon 9600 (256M) graphics and about a Terabyte of Hard Drive space (on 4 drives). Is this going to be sufficient? If no, what would you recommend I upgrade? Also, anyone use Vista? Should I get it?

Inactive

As far as hardware, here is what Adobe Premier Pro CS3 recommends:

http://www.adobe.com/products/premiere/systemreqs/

• Intel Pentium 4, (1.4GHz processor for DV; 3.4GHz processor for HDV), Intel Centrino, Intel Xeon (dual 2.8GHz processors for HD), Intel Core Duo (or compatible) processor; SSE2-enabled processor required for AMD systems.
    • 1GB of RAM for DV; 2GB of RAM for HDV and HD
    • Dedicated 7,200 RPM hard drive for DV and HDV editing; striped disk array storage (RAID 0) for HD; SCSI disk subsystem preferred.
    • Unfortunately, it looks like your current processor falls short of those requirements.

As far as the operating system, I would stick with Windows XP over Vista. Unfortunately, Vista has not had the great fanfare from customers as they would have liked. Microsoft is already working on a new replacement operating system to be released in 2010.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best video editing software — 2021

In this article, we’ll go over the criteria you’ll need to consider when choosing the best video editing software for your needs.
homicide-bootstrap