Adoble Premier Pro seems to power a lot of the winners

Videomaker – Learn video production and editing, camera reviews Forums Technique Editing Adoble Premier Pro seems to power a lot of the winners

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Inactive

I don’t work for Adobe, but I noticed that in the current issue of Videomaker, the vast majority of the short movie winners used some version of Adobe Premiere.

I guess that means either that the pro’s won more of the categories, or Premiere gives the winners better tools. Either way, I am impressed that the tool of choice for the winners was so lopsided in favor of Premiere.

Inactive

After you use it for awhile and discover it’s capabilites, you’ll find out why. When you couple it with the other Adobe products, they are all the same. The integration is the secret. I don’t work for them either. I’ve just learned through trial and error that it’s the way to go if you lean toward professionl work and end products. They are pricey, but if you’re a business…….it’s a write off in the end. Kind of like buying a delivery truck for a deli or a pizza house…..

Inactive

True. But also, if you talk to just about any Adobe Premiere user, none that I have talked to will even take a LOOK at Vegas cuz they like premiere so much.

I personally think both software packages are good, I just prefer the Vegas interface.

Oh, and my movie was powered with Vegas. πŸ˜€ And it won “Best Young Videomaker”. So there. πŸ˜‰

Inactive

I know. I’ve used Vegas too. I’ve also used Sonar and Sound forge to do orchestrations and editing. They all work. But they are all different. With Adobe you get the same look on all programs so the learning curve is smaller and importing and exporting is easier. Haven’t had a moive in a contest, but I have had recordings and songs that are published…….I’ve been in this business for 35 years. You’ll get more Humble with age. πŸ˜‰

Inactive

I think it’s funny how people associate an NLE with whether it makes the production good or not. IT’S ALL PERSONAL PREFERENCE PEOPLE! It’s what you’re used to using. Some people obviously prefer the Premiere NLE interface. I’ve used Premiere and I much prefer Vegas myself. For me, Vegas is MUCH easier to accomplish complex compostes and has outstanding audio tools. Editing is much much simplier and more efficient for me than when I was using Premiere. I’ve also used AVID XPress Pro quite a bit, but Vegas easily takes the cake. But that’s just me. I’m not shooting down Adobe in any way – in fact I use photoshop, After Effects and Encore a great deal. I just am not too fond of premiere. Although perhaps I’d be using it if Vegas wasn’t around.

That’s my 2 cents

-Jim

Inactive

I also saw the video winners’ movies on the web site, and while the various production values seem fair to decent on many of the entries, what did strike me was the weak storylines and plots on the majority of them. There was a lot of weak storytelling and continuity glitches to be seen.
      I teach a video production course in a high school and we normally spend half the year learning how to write a good story, and then how to tell it in a visually effective way. The software used is of minimal importance in the beginners’ course. A basic camcorder, I-Movie or Windows Movie Maker is more than enough to learn the basics of good visual storytelling and continuity. It’s only after they have mastered the basics that the higher end programs (we use Final Cut Pro, Premiere Pro and Avid Xpress Pro) can actually add anything of value to their productions by allowing more precise cutting and editing tools.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

Best microphone for video production β€” 2021

Whether you’re recording audio for a commercial, a wedding or your next feature film, you need the best microphone possible.
homicide-bootstrap