Adobe Releses Public Beta for New Audio Editing Product

Videomaker – Learn video production and editing, camera reviews Forums General Video and Film Discussion Adobe Releses Public Beta for New Audio Editing Product

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

SoundBooth was made available today from Adobe. Soundbooth is now available for download for both Macs and PCs and will be included in the next Video Bundle. (a sign that Premiere will as rumored make its return to the mac) I am glad to see that Adobe has adopted this habit of giving out public betas. Adobe has always had quality software (with the exception of After Effects 7 and Premiere 5) and with this wide release beta I am sure that they will not release another program with as many bugs as AE7. Anyway its free so go download it. http://labs.adobe.com/technologies/soundbooth/

Has anyone givin’ it a spin, yet? Thoughts?

Mark

Participant

What kind of bugs does AE7 have?
      And is this supposed to replace Audition?

Endeavor,

Soundbooth will eventually replace Audition in the Production Studio Suite, but Audition will continue to be available. Adobe is refocusing Audition and marketing it to audio professionals, not video professionals who need an audio editor.

Mark

Participant

Thanks! I may give it a try!

Participant

"What kind of bugs does AE7 have?"
      I have had a number of issures with AE7 that 6.5 did not have. First off its just not near as stable. It crashes fairly often with C++ errors. Sometimes it will currupt the project file sometimes it wont. Also I get image buffer errors on occasion. You may not see these errors because it happens a fairly small percentage of the time (usually when i am working with a project started in 6.5 which I have to do often to update old projects in my line of work) To give you a frame of reference I use AE 7-8 hours every day so unless you use AE for a living you may not use it enough to see these random crashes which really ony happen a small percentage of the time. I notice them quite a bit just because I use it all the time. AE 6.5 NEVER crashed I could count the number of times it crashed on one hand in the year and a half that it was in use. Adobe usually does a excelent job on their code but AE7 is not up to their usually high standards. AE 7.5 I am sure will be excelent.

Inactive

Sound booth is NOT going to replace Audition!!! Not even close. I’ve downloaded the Beta version and its not the same program. Soundbooth is a program that will come with a hand full of pre-made music beds that will allow the user to adjust them to their likings. It will include basic audio editing tools like fade in and out, noise reduction and click removal. There are no multi tracks, there is no audio mixer, and almost no f/x. This program was designed for web designers who know little to nothing about sound engineering, but need to add sound elements to their work. Just the basic controls, simplified for non audio pros (for a lack of a better term). If you already own Audition, its not worth the bother. If Adobe swaps Audition for soundbooth in their video bundle, its a HUGE mistake. Audition 2.0 kicks MAJOR a$$. I got very bored with soundbooth after 20 minutes. At best I’ve now got 3 new free music beds for my productions.

Participant

kkmac, Get ready because an Adobe product manager has already stated that Soundbooth will replace Audition in the Video bundle. Audition will go on as a stand alone product. They state that soundbooth is better for most video producers who just want and need a quick and easy audio editor not a full blown DAW. I am just glad to see Adobe creating some new Intel Apple apps.

Inactive

OK! In the Video Bundle, I’ll deal with it. But the program will never be a direct replacement for Audition. CS2 has different versions, perhaps Adobe could release 2 versions of the video bundle with the more expensive bundle containing Audition?

While buying the bundle is cheaper, I can seldom afford that much money at one time so I buy what I need when I can. Audition being dumped from the bundle won’t really affect me. In fact, I’m still using Premiere 6.5. I suppose by the time I can upgrade, PPro 3 will be out. Glad I have Audition 2. I suspect I’ll be using it for a while.

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

How to buy a camera — 2020

While we have more options and more technology than ever before; buying a new camera has never been more difficult. It’s not just that there are dozens of cameras to choose from, it’s that each one offers...
homicide-bootstrap