Adobe Premiere Widescreen problem

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Inactive

I have a problem with widescreen in Adobe Premiere. When I shoot some footage with my camcorder I shoot it in fullscreen. When I finish editing it in Adobe Premiere I want to make it widescreen so I change the setting in adobe premiere to export it in widescreen. That’s where the problem accures. Adobe Premiere makes my video widescreen but everyone is fat. It really distortes the picture. So after that I tried shooting some footage in widescreen before I put it in Adobe Premiere. When I exported it in widescreen the picture was just fine but the picture was really bad. Does anyone know what the problem is?

Inactive

Depends on what kind of camcorder you are using. What are it’s capabilities?

Inactive

The reason for the fullscreen footage appearing fat is due to the software forcing the format of the video to be wide when it wasnt shot that way. When you shot it wide the proportions of the video were correct however you said it looked bad. That is more than likely due to the fact that most camcorders can not film in true widescreen. They mask off the top and bottom of the frame to create the look of widescreen but your losing almost 200 lines of resolution when you shoot this way.

Try this…your camera should have a builting effect called slim. (may be called somthing else depending on the camera) Slim squeezes the picture making everyone thin. Shoot your film in fullscreen with the slim feature and then capture it in widescreen which will stretch it back out to a normal proportion. Doing this allows you to have widescreen footage without the loos of screen resolution. Hpoed this helped.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

Best After Effects and motion graphics template sites – 2021

You have the tools needed to create stunning motion graphics, but do you have the time? If not, using motion graphics templates can be a great way to add polish to a production without blowing your deadline.
homicide-bootstrap