Adobe Premiere Pro 2.0 – Importing problem

Videomaker – Learn video production and editing, camera reviews Forums Technique Editing Adobe Premiere Pro 2.0 – Importing problem

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Participant

I have been trying to make it work for a few hours now without success. I’m using Adobe Premiere Pro, and have been trying to import videos without sound. I was able to on my last computer (I was using the exact same version of APP, and I’m trying to import the exact same files I did back then), but it seems it won’t do it anymore. I simply don’t forget how I got it to work. I think it had to do with codecs, but it was a while ago…

I’m actually asking this because it’s being a major problem for me. Not only does it take a LOT more time to import the files with the audio, but also, when I play them, APP uses over 600mb of RAM, which makes it threaten to, or simply freeze. I really need your help for this one.

Oh, by the way, I’m kind of a newbie, so please try not to come up with terms I won’t understand. It’d be greatly appreciated.

Participant

Are you importing DV, or video from a hard drive camera. If it’s video recorded on tape, then to import without audio is simple. Bring up the import window (F5), then in the upper right corner the "Logging" tab should be in bold. Go to the "setup" box, and there is a "Capture" option. It should be on Audio and Video. Click on this, and just choose video, without audio. If it’s video on a hard drive, that you just drag into Premiere, then it is already a video file and cannot be selected to only take the video, as far as I know.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

homicide-bootstrap