Adobe Premiere Elements and audio editing

Videomaker – Learn video production and editing, camera reviews Forums Technique Sound Adobe Premiere Elements and audio editing

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

I have been using Adobe Premier Elements on my HP Media Center PC for the past year. I generally like the software except for its audio editing capabilities, which one reviewer described as "mediocre." Morgan Paar, in the March issue, had this to say: "Sound editing is fairly rudimentary. Thankfully, there are audio meters as well as rubber banding on the timeline, but Premiere Elements 2.0 lacks a dedicated audio editing interface." I wish I could select specific frequencies, for instance, and edit them to reduce or increase specific sounds in a track.

More than ten years ago, I had Pro Audio Studio on my computer which I used to edit the sound track for a video project for output to analog tape. But I really don’t know what I am doing with audio and I have been frustrated in my search for some basic instructional materials. Perhaps I need to buy some audio editing software (along with a more powerful sound card than the one that came with my system). Any suggestions or advice out there about all of this? My wife wants to know what I want for Xmas.
      Thanks

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

homicide-bootstrap