Adobe Premiere Elements & Premiere Pro compatiblilty.

Videomaker – Learn video production and editing, camera reviews Forums General Video Contests & Festivals Adobe Premiere Elements & Premiere Pro compatiblilty.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Participant

Hello !

A talented friend (worked in TV Commerical industry -20 yrs) is helping me with my documentary project. When I started in Nov. 2007, little did I know that I would have file format compatibility issues using Premiere Elements & Premiere Pro.

Much to my dismay and annoyance ! Premiere Pro does NOT SUPPORT Adobe .Prel file formats. Lesson learned if your serious about NonLinear Editing, don’t use Premiere Elements!

Adobe Online Support for Elements and Premiere Pro do not make any reference in either programs online or in Manuals. With this said I would not use Premiere Pro because exporting the finished (final rough cut) to Final Cut Pro there are several issues related to creating an EDL.

However, I admit this is my limited experience. Use CAUTION AND AVOID UNCESSARY FRUSTRATION.

Participant

afveteran,

Premiere Pro can in fact open Premiere Elements projects. You would use the open command and not the import command, but it should import the project file and then the media used in the project.

What versions of the programs were you trying it with?

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The Best Video Editing Software

The best video editing software — 2020

In this article, we’ll go over the criteria you’ll need to consider when choosing the best video editing software for your needs.
homicide-bootstrap