Adobe Premiere CS5.5 New Features

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • Author
      chamaltatis

For those who might want to check the new features added in Adobe Premiere CS5.5 version, you can check out the review I made.

Charles
      Participant

Great article, I currently use both CS5 and CS5.5, CS5 at work and 5.5 at home. The one thing that is a given and I cannot see how people can work without it is dynamic linking, I love that feature in itself. Nothing like bringing in an After Effects composition and not have to render it before hand. Need to make a change on a graphic in Photoshop, change it and save it and it automatically shows the newer file in PP. I cut my teeth with Adobe and have no desire to change; the capabilities are outstanding and I am sure will be used by more professionals very soon.

pseudosafari

Charles I agree. I use it on 80% of what I do, especially going betweenPhotoshop and Premiere Pro. It was the big reason I chose Adobe when I stepped out of Pinnacle Studio, and it has not disappointed me.

chamberlane, as a CS4 user getting ready to switch to CS5.5, your review makes me even more anxious. Thanks for posting that–I printed it out so I can explore these changes when I upgrade and get up to speed that much quicker. Thanks!

chamaltatis

@Charles: Thanks for that addition. I hope Adobe really work on that issue of dynamic linking soon.

@pseudosafari:Thanks! I’m glad I can help. I think I’ll do more article about it focusing on specific features. I might ad what Charles said about the dynamic link for others to know as well.

vpmedia
      Participant

Dynamic linking is the stuff.  Utilizing After Effects, photoshop and premiere pro without rendering wait time is worth the price of admission.

kevinmonahan
      Participant

This is the mother of all posts regarding what’s new and changed in Premiere Pro CS5.5 by Todd Kopriva.

http://blogs.adobe.com/premiereprotraining/2011/04/adobe-premiere-pro-cs5-5-whats-new-and-changed.html

It includes links to helpful tutorial videos by Video2Brain and Todd:http://www.video2brain.com/en/products-117.htm

michael9

Great. I’m installing CS5.5 as we speak. Thanks for the links.

pseudosafari

As am I! CS5.5 arrived yesterday (upgrading from CS4).

kevinmonahan
      Participant

Enjoy guys. Let me know if you have any trouble.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Thank you very much for all the articles. How do I get a shake stabilizer for cs5 or cs5.5. Thank you

BruceMol
      Participant

http://www.imagineersystems.com/products/mochaAE

Mocha AE come with the 5.5 suite.

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Editing’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Best Products

homicide-bootstrap

Need help making a stellar first video?

FREE

Download our free eBook with 8 tips to get on the right track and create a video that you can be proud of.

Giveaway

CANON EOS

REBEL T7i

Given away to one lucky winner

Competition is open worldwide

ENTER TO WIN