Adobe premier elements 3 quick questions

Videomaker – Learn video production and editing, camera reviews Forums Technique Editing Adobe premier elements 3 quick questions

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Participant

In a current project, after selecting the Create DVD tab, I chose the option: Burn to DVD Folder, so that I could transfer the folder to my other computer to burn using it’s dvd burner. The encoding and everything was successful, but I don’t know what to do with the files. I want to use Nero to burn a DVD, but I don’t know how to do it? πŸ™ ! Seems like such a simple task. Can someone please tell me what to do? Thanks,

Jerry

Inactive

Never fear… the RAM’ister is here! πŸ˜€

If you burnt to a folder on your hard drive, you should see a folder called (VIDEO_TS) along with maybe another one called (AUDIO_TS). (AUDIO_TS) is sometimes not really necessary but (VIDEO_TS) is. I don’t know what version of NERO you have but I can at least explain the theory. This pretty much goes for any DVD disk burning application. All you have to do is copy or import the whole (VIDEO_TS) folder (along with it’s included files) and burn that to the root level of the disk. In other words you can’t have a folder let’s say, called (SIDE 1) and then copy the (VIDEO_TS) folder into that. It has to be the only folder visible. (With the exception of the (AUDIO_TS) if there is one.) What happens is that when a video DVD player sees that a disk was inserted, it’s designed to look for this folder called (VIDEO_TS). When it finds it, it knows what to do then after that.

Now, if all you have are the .IFO, .BUP and .VOB files sitting there not a problem! Just create a new folder and call it (VIDEO_TS) and then drag and drop all of those files into this folder and repeat what I mentioned earlier. You HAVE to name it the exact way I have it including the underscore and the capital letters (no parentheses though). Otherwise the DVD player will be confused and you will get an error.

It’s not as hard as it all seems. The only thing you do have to worry about is how big this folder (with it’s files) is. You can’t be much more than 4.5 gig. There are other issues that could hamper your disk from playing too such as burning speed, disk type and disk brand. That’s a whole different issue.

Good luck my friend! 8)

RAM

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

homicide-bootstrap