adobe or ulead?

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Inactive

I’m trying to decide between Adobe Premier Elements 3.0 and ulead moviefactory 5.0 or Videostudio 10. Any advice? I have been making DVD’s for personal use for about 3 years, but have just been given the job of producing Plea DVD’s for the non-profit organization I work for. I need one simple enough to use now, but one that will grow with my skill development. I have been using MyDVD, and DVDslideshow, but I don’t feel that they have the growth potential I’m looking for, and MyDVD is so proprietary… I have just upgraded to a Canon digital video camera from a Canon analog camera (good riddance to the bridge) – I would like your input please, all of the articles I have read have not really helped me make up my mind.
      thanks
      Kitty

Inactive

I have used Avid, Vegas and Premier and I have found Premier to be the easiest to use.
      Plus – and I thought I would not need it but I do and it is a big help- you can get Photoshop Elements if you buy them as a bundle for $150 or less.
      It is easy to use and you won’t outgrow it anytime soon.

This is just my two cents but I think Vegas and Premier are the best Windows based NLE out there.
      Avid is good but costly.
      Vegas is not as easy to use as Premier plus you are very limited in the number of tracks you get unless you buy to top of the line Vegas.
      Premier will give you 99 video and 99 audio tracks I cannot think about using that many tracks but you never know!

You can download free versions of each of them and try them out before you pick the one you like best.

I hope that helps you.

Inactive

Studio 10 would be your best bet because it is the easiest to use. Premiere, like Avid, has a bit of a learning curve and is more for advanced users.

But like hidef1080 said, you’re limited to the number of tracks you have with Studio 10, so if you wanted to do a lot of transitions, effects, and overlays, you might have a problem.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

homicide-bootstrap