Adobe 6.3- Cross Dissolve “FX Track Blocked” Messa

Videomaker – Learn video production and editing, camera reviews Forums Technique Editing Adobe 6.3- Cross Dissolve “FX Track Blocked” Messa

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Inactive

I’m a new Premiere 6.5 user, learning the ropes, working on a video of our drum and dance class. When I tried to insert a cross dissolve on a cut, I got the error message "Fx Track Blocked, the Effect Cannot be Inserted". I can’t seem to find a reference to this message in any of the Premiere 6.5 documentation I have or online, including this forum’s search function. Any help with this would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
      Walter

Inactive

Are you using "single track" editing or "A/B" editing? The fastest way to tell is look at video track 1. Is it labelled track 1 or is there 1A, 1B and a transition track? The single track mode can be expanded to look like A/B editing but A/b cannot be collapsed to look like single track. I use A/B editing.

Transitions can only be placed in the video 1 track. In single track editing, it is placed between the cut point of 2 clips. Each clip needs to have had some of the footage cropped off (not just put back to back) for the transition to add. If your using A/B editing, put the transition in the transition track. Be sure two video clips overlap and are in track 1 (one clip in 1A, one in 1B). Transitions do NOT work in any other track except track 1. If your trying to add a transition in track 2 or higher, it won’t work, in version 6.5.

Hope this helps!

Inactive

I’m using Single Track editing. I used the razor tool to create a cut point. Basically I’m trying to remove a flawed section of the video and employ a cross dissolve to bridge the removed piece. I was able to remove the bad clip and slide the remaining video back together and want now to make a J cut with dissolve. Nothing in the documentation said this was not doable. The tutorials I have show how to make the cross dissolve and I followed those instructions, hence the mystery over the "FX Track Blocked…" error message.

Thanks for your help,
      Walter

Inactive

Are you trying to do this in track 1?

I don’t use single track editing so I’m quickly running out of ideas. Just for the sake of arguement, try clipping the ends of each clip by 1 second. Don’t use the razor tool, use the pointer (arrow) tool, position it over the end of the clip, click and drag to shorten them. Then slide the beginning of the second clip to touch the end of the first. Now try adding your transition. Its possible there are no added frames in the second clip for the transition to use. If all else fails, switch to A/B editing. It’s easier.

Inactive

kkmac Wrote:

Are you trying to do this in track 1?

I don’t use single track editing so I’m quickly running out of ideas. Just for the sake of arguement, try clipping the ends of each clip by 1 second. Don’t use the razor tool, use the pointer (arrow) tool, position it over the end of the clip, click and drag to shorten them. Then slide the beginning of the second clip to touch the end of the first. Now try adding your transition. Its possible there are no added frames in the second clip for the transition to use. If all else fails, switch to A/B editing. It’s easier.

I switched to A/B roll editing, overlapped track A on track B where I wanted the dissolve, applied the dissolve but cannot get it to preview using the render scrub method. I moved the ends of the work area bar as instructed, held down the alt key, saw the arrow change, dragged the edit line across the transition and no dissolve was shown. Did I overlook something?

Walter

Inactive

My guess at this point would be to try re-installing Premiere. Something happened somewhere and its keeping it from working correctly. What your doing should be working.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

homicide-bootstrap