Adding Mic Input to JVC Everio Camcorder

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

After picking up a lot of video skills in the past seven months, I realized how important it is to get a good, solid recording of location sound. I have recently uploaded a “blog” to my FTP site titled “Adding Microphone Input to JVC Everio Camcorder” (got advice from here). This blog was created specifically for JVC Everio models, but has the same characteristics for any camcorder – you just need a place inside of the camera to house the jack.

http://webdesign2.flvs.net/edwardst/proj1/articles/add_mic_everio_blg.html

Inactive

I’ve got to give you big points for creativity. Probably added to the camera’s resale value too πŸ™‚

Inactive

The Everio’s AV jack takes audio input. But the jack is an unusual jack made for the TRRS type a/v plug. I have been searching for an adaptor to connect the XLR male end of my microphone, but these apparently don’t exist.

I might try building an adaptor myself, and provided I can find the TRRS plug I would solder its wires to an XLR female socket. This should cost no more than $5 for materials.

Since the Everio I have comes with the TRRS to RCA cable, the other solution for those not confident to build an adaptor, is to
      buy 2 RCA to XLR-female adaptors and just stick those in the middle. I hope this will work.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

homicide-bootstrap