A newbie who is in over his head….. Please help!

Videomaker – Learn video production and editing, camera reviews Forums General Video and Film Discussion A newbie who is in over his head….. Please help!

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Inactive

I recently purchased a JVC GZ-HD3U camcorder. I’ve been searching high and low to find a way in which to get this camera to work with my iMac. Now that I’ve found a instructional video from JVC themselves, I still have some questions that I’m hoping you can help me with.

1. The video says to record in “1440 CBR” if I’m wanting to transfer the video to the computer via firewire using Quicktime Pro or another suitable program. It’s my understanding from what I’ve read on the web, 1440 CBR only records at 27 frames per second when I believe the camera is capable of 30 frames per second. Will I notice any difference when I play back the video.

2. The video also says something about recording in FHD. I don’t have a clue as to what FHD stands for. By using the FHD format, it states that I can transfer my video files to the Mac using a USB cable and then converting the files to AIC files. Does the FHD recording format record at a high frame rate than 1440 CBR or does it record at a lower frame rate?

I want the best quality/frames per second from this camera. Any help that you can give me will be greatly appreciated.

Here is the link to the JVC instructional video so you’ll have an idea of what I’m trying to ask of you:http://media2.jvc.com/camcorder/macHD.mov

Thanks a million……..

Participant

FHD stands simply stands for “Full High Definition” – 1920×1080 at26.6Mbps

The 1400 CBR is 1400×1080 at 27Mbps

Perhaps you are thinking that the 27Mps relates to frames (fps) but it relates to megabytes per second (Mbs).

Both are great formats and meant to be used with frame rates of 24fps, 25fps, 30fps. All three frame rates are great depending on your goal. Whatever frame rate your camera is set to is the frame rate that the file will convert to.

24 will give you move of a film look.

30 will give you more of a TV look.

Your all set to go…

Best Regards,

Corey

• Viewing 1 reply thread
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best stock video sites — 2020

Stock video sometimes gets a bad wrap in the filmmaking community. In reality, however, we see stock video used every day in any number of applications. Below, you'll find our selections for the best places to look...
    homicide-bootstrap