A lot of hard question from a starting pro production worker

Videomaker – Learn video production and editing, camera reviews Forums General Video and Film Discussion A lot of hard question from a starting pro production worker

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Participant

Hello to all .

This is my first post found this site and is a very good one that have a lot of info on it.

So I started working in the area and Im facing a lot of question . Im a freelancer , so money is a importante factor in the next questions.

My machine

Phenom X4 965 – 4 * 3,40 Ghz

8 Gb Ram – 1600 mhz

Nvidia Quadro Fx 3800 ( 1 Gb Gpu, and a lot of other features)

Windows 7

My work is focus in Tv comercials.

1- (HDTv , Broadcast Monitor, way to view the work looking for troubles)

I use adobe workflow in my projects (Premier, After effects, etc) , first of all , I need a screen to test for flickers and color correction problems. Can I buy any Hd Tv and in premier, output to him and see the problems or do I need anything else ? And If I only need a Hd tv, can you suggest some models that are not that big or expensive that I can have in my desk?

2- (Best codecs to use in my workflow, or plug in that I may get that improve image quality of the renders)

At this moment we use a DV Cam that record Pal , and then they give me the footage uncompressed, or they use canopus codec , before thet give it to me. Then I normaly work on that footage and then export it to mpg2 using a preset that is the Dv Pal high quality in Premier with some changes, but I see that the picture loose a lot of quality in that process. How can I improve, and what is the best codec I can use. To export to Pal tv .

Note: I have que adobe media encoder and Sorenson Squeeze

3- (Dvd footage , using it on Premier )

Sometimes I receve DVD that I need to take the footage and use it, but the problem is that it comes in Vob files and Premier doesnt read that files, so I need to convert them, what is the best way of doing it, and the best sofware to do it or the best way to work around this problem ??

4 – (Footage in diverse formats)

That question is a problem that Im facing , I receved some Dvd of a company and some are 720p (16:9 ; 1024*720, )) and others regular Pal (4:3, 756*576), and of course they have diferent aspect ratio 1,44 and other 1,09. My final output need to be pal, what is the best way , program, solution , I can use to solve this problem?

5- (Improving Workflow)

Im always looking for ways of improving my productivity and image quality of my works, so if you can suggest any software , plug in , codecs, Hardware, I can use that will improve I will be thankfull.

Inactive

I cant give you any technical answers for the fear of me being wrong, but I can say that you can use an HdTV as a computer monitor and Premiere Pro will let you use the screen. I was using a 32 in lcd screen from LG for my last project and it worked just fine. I’m not sure if it will be accurate enough for color correction though….

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

Best camera stabilizers for video — 2021

A camera stabilizer lets you capture smooth shots without sacrificing freedom of movement. Here’s a look at the best handheld stabilizers available today.
homicide-bootstrap