A Good MP3recorder and lav mic combo?

Videomaker – Learn video production and editing, camera reviews Forums Technique Sound A Good MP3recorder and lav mic combo?

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Inactive

I’m exploring my options on recording a wedding using a stand alone audio recorder (such as an MP3 player/recorder) and a lav mic. I’m working on a limited budget and have got some suggestions on using a Azden WMS-PRO.

Any more suggestions?

Thanks

Garrette Baird

http://www.eyenamics.com

We reviewed the Samson Zoom H4 Audio Recorder in the March issue which will be rolling out in about two weeks. This is a good field audio recorder, although, it may be a little too big if you plan on having it stay with the groom or someone you’ve mic’d. Read the full review for our thoughts. Maybe we can get it up on the website prior to the magazine rolling out.

Mark

Inactive

Do you know what model iriver peaple use?

I was leaning towards a pocket sized device to use on the groom.

Thanks for sharing your expertise
      Garrette Baird

http://www.eyenamics.com

Participant

Actually, my first wedding I did back in June, I used a digital voice recorder with an attached lapel mic.
      It worked great. The sound was good. I attached the mic to the groom’s lapel and put the recorder in his coat pocket. It picked up the Bride, groom, and priest perfectly.

The voice recorder, captured in WMV format and downloaded to my pc via USB. I then added it to my audio timeline in Adobe Premiere Pro.

The unit could record in HQ mode for 18 hours which was obviously more than enough time for a wedding.
      I just turned it on when the groom was getting ready, and turned it off after everything was done.

It was inexpensive and effective.

Participant

I read so many of these post where videographers are chastizing others for not putting a wireless mic on every person in the room

Here is my question though.
      Every wedding I’ve done, from the Enormous Greek Orthodox Church to the small Methodist church, I have not been allowed to use a wireless microphone.

Their excuse has always been that it interfears with their own frequencies. No offense but I am going to respect the wishes of the church and just turn the gain up on my on camera microphones, or just put a voice recorder on the preist.

Sometimes that’s all you are allowed to work with.

I don’t know how all of you convince these churches to bypass these rules but I would love it if you could show me how you convince them.

Participant

would it be possible to , or have you ever done this?

Find out the officiant’s frequency and adjusted your receiver accordingly?

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

Best Products of the Year — 2019

2019 has seen fantastic new equipment for video production, but with a world of options at your disposal, which is the best? We carefully evaluated each new product, emphasizing its innovation, value compared to its direct competition, and its...
homicide-bootstrap