a couple questions about editing

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

I am using ulead video studio 7. I was wondering how could i pause a clip part way through and add a title for a second and then continue the clip. Also while it was frozen i was wondering if u could turn it to black and white and then return it to color when the clip resumed. Is this possible or do i need a differant program. Also i said this in another post but in case i don’t get an answer there. How do i get just a normal transition. I can’t seem to find a simple transiton form clip to clip. Thanks

Participant

Also i was wondering how to slow down a clip part way through and then speed it back up again….any help would be greatly appreciated.

Participant

Don’t really know about Ulead, but in Studio 8 you just split the clip where you want the freeze to take place on the timeline, take the first frame (or frame that you want to freeze) and capture a video “still” and place it between the live video for the duration needed.

For the slow mo, split the desired slow mo clip at the beginning and end, then change the percentage of original speed to the desired amount of slow motion wanted. I made a diagram below explaning it a little… with the “/” symbol showing the split.

1. Man falling off bike / man falling video still / man continuing to fall.

2. Man falling off bike / man falling at 20 percent of original speed / man continuing fall.

Hope this helps, even with Ulead!

JP

Participant

what transition effect do you use for the split to make is look smooth.

Participant

Downshift Wrote:

what transition effect do you use for the split to make is look smooth.

You may not need a transition effect to bring them together smoothly, cause you’ll be splitting one frame and going to an “identical” frame after the split. You could probably try a short duration ‘fade’ if the other way didn’t work out for you.

JP

Participant

After experimenting a little with it, I don’t think you’ll need a transition for smoothness. Here’s a little clip I made demonstrating what you’re looking for. It’s a 2.2 mb download. Right click and “Save Target As”

http://www.parsonsoutdoors.com/demo.wmv

JP

Participant

Thanks for the help…after fooling around with the program for a bit using your methods i was able to do exactly what i wanted. The only thing left is i still need a normal cross fade transition for putting together differant clips. IS there something I am missing or does this program not have one. If it doesn’t, can i download one……

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

Best micro four thirds lenses — 2021

MFT, or micro four thirds, is a popular mount style used by many manufacturers in conjunction with the micro 4/3 sensor. It’s good to keep in mind that micro four thirds camera systems use a smaller sensor.
homicide-bootstrap