8MM to digital

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Inactive

Is there a quick and easy way to get 8MM analog to digital (mini DV)?

Thanks, Reese

Inactive

I can do it, for a fee:)

Thanks
      ~Adam

Inactive

you could just get Pinnacle Av/Dv version. It comes with a PCI card, and does a pretty good of transferring your Analog to Digital.

Inactive

If you have a mini DV camera it should have come with a cable to connect it to an analog input of a tv or VCR. Many time, the same cable can go backwards. Connect the 8mm player analog output to the mini DV camera using the mini DVs connector cable. If you put the mini DV camera in "tape" mode and press record/pause, it changes the cable from an output to an input. Press play on the 8mm playback and record on the DV camera. Your 8mm content is now recording to DV tape. If your camera allows it, you can skip recording to tape and use the firewire cable to connect it to a computer. The camera acts as a converter.

You can pay me now. LOL

Inactive

Thanks for the help, I’ll give it a try.

Jerry

Inactive

I’ve been moving over all my old analog VHS and 8mm tapes to DVD using:

Plextor ConvertX USB2 video converter (uses hardware MPEG conversion)
      Captures analog video directly to AVI or MPEG2 using USB2 with zero problems
      http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.asp?Submit=Go&DEPA=0&type=&description=plextor+convertx&Category=0&minPrice=&maxPrice=&Go.x=0&Go.y=0

Works fantastic (but the editing software they bundle with the ConvertX sucks; I ended up buying Sony Vegas Studio/DVD Architect for $90. Zero problems thereafter.

Inactive

Canopus AVDC-110

Save yourself some headaches with analog. I know I did

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

homicide-bootstrap