64bit Vegas Pro 9

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

I am planning on upgrading to the 64bit Vegas pro 9after I complete my next project. I was wondering what advantages I will be picking up by making the upgrade. I know that I will gain some use of the memory but what else?

It will be on a windows 7 64bit machine with an amd phenom II x4 processor with 8gb ram.

Thanks for your input

Tony

Cville,

I’ve noticed a marked difference in the efficiency of programs using a 64-bit platform vs 32-bit. I have half of my machines running 64 and the other 32. With more RAM and much faster multi-cored CPU’s it’s a night and day difference. There are still some hiccups on occasion with 32-b programs on the 64-b OS, but the 64-b programs run so much more smoothly. Once the last of my 32-b rigs gets decommissioned, I’m not going back.

Participant

You can install both versions on your computer. What I found handy about this is the demo versions is most addons don’t work on 64 bit Vegas, but state the full versions are supposed to be compatible. I FINALLY got some addons to work once I installed 32 bit – and open that when I want to add the final layer.

Participant

The question I had was how to tell if the project file was from version 9. But I have confirmed that the file was from version 9. Sony sent me a promo email with a 20% discount on the upgrade so i went ahead and upgraded.

A big plus of going to the 64 bit version is it took the render time for a 8 minute promovideo I had donefrom 44 minutes on version 8 32 bitto 11 minutes.

Almost paid for itself πŸ™‚

Participant

Very nice! I have had no real experience with the 32 bit versions other than trying out some plug-ins – and I know 64 bit can eat any render alive. For basic color correction/color curve correction, it will render my HD video in about half real time.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best audio and video recorders β€” 2021

In this article, we’ll cover the best external recorders for both video and audio recording. Then, we’ll go over the specs we considered when making our selections so that you can choose the best recorder for your specific situation. The...
homicide-bootstrap