60i, 30p, 24p, 720p, 1080i ???

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Participant

I’m trying to understand the differences between all these things. From what I understand, 60i means 60 interlaced frames per second. Now, does 30p and 24p mean 30 and 24 progressive frames per second? If that’s the case on those, then what’s up with 720p and 1080i? I think it has to do with resolution. Would that mean that a camera with all these specs could film 24fps at 720 lines or at 1080 lines, or both? It’s just all a bit confusing.

Inactive

jumpymonkey9 Wrote:

I’m trying to understand the differences between all these things. From what I understand, 60i means 60 interlaced frames per second. Now, does 30p and 24p mean 30 and 24 progressive frames per second? If that’s the case on those, then what’s up with 720p and 1080i? I think it has to do with resolution. Would that mean that a camera with all these specs could film 24fps at 720 lines or at 1080 lines, or both? It’s just all a bit confusing.

I’m not sure if you were looking for a quick answer or if you are looking to understand this completly but the link below will take you to a very nice informational page that will explaing anything and everything about video and resolutions. Just click around the different links. You’ll be able to teach a class when you’re done.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A/V

RAM

• Viewing 1 reply thread
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

Video Reference Monitor Buyer’s Guide

The best video monitors — 2020

We rely on our video monitors to show us an accurate representation of our images throughout the production process. Here are some of the best video monitors currently on the market.
    homicide-bootstrap