60 DVD+/-R’s for $7.00 at Staples

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Inactive

Note: This isn’t intended to be a spam post, but I thought I would make everyone aware of it.

I was up at my local Staples today and noticed that they have Playo 60/Pack 4.7GB DVD-/+R Spindles for $26.98 with a $20.00 rebate, for a total of $6.98 and thought everyone might be interested.

These are the following links to the items:
      http://www.staples.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/StaplesCategoryDisplay?jspStoreDir=Staples&catalogId=10051&productId=156911&cmArea=SEARCH&interceptedCatEntryId=156911&identifier=BI13233&prodCatType=1&langId=-1&storeId=10001&ddkey=StaplesProductDisplay

Participant

I am going to warn you right now. I bought the Staples brand DVD’s a few months ago. I used more than have the spindle and not one NOT ONE DVD played in any player I had access to. They wouldn’t even play on my computer.

Just in case it might have been my burner, I tried 2 things.
      1. I used a name brand (Philips) to burn the same movies and they worked fine.
      2. I tried to burn the staples brand in 3 other burners. NONE of them worked. Not even one time.

I have since repeated this experiment with the Office Depot and Office Max brand as well. I had the same results with each.

SO BE AWARE… AND BE WARNED!

Inactive

Yeah…I did some research after posting this and found that this brand isn’t all that great. Probably why they’re letting them go so cheap. πŸ™

Inactive

Does Staples have anything that is quality?

Participant

I buy Memorex from them all the time when they are on sale. The Playos isn’t the Staples brand, but they do have one with
      their name on it. Why use a house brand when for you can give your customers a name brand for $.10 to $.15 more?

Marvin

Participant

I had bought a 60 pack of those back in November. I have had no problems so far, but I still use them for storage mainly, not DVD video if I can help it, just to be safe. If I have to have a video that will play for sure, I use a name brand. I guess it’s like buying generic brand food – always cheaper, sometimes worse, but sometime just as good! πŸ˜€

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

homicide-bootstrap