$5,000 prize to make a video for a local jewellery shop

Videomaker – Learn video production and editing, camera reviews Forums General Video and Film Discussion $5,000 prize to make a video for a local jewellery shop

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Inactive

Any takers?

Ben

birdcat
      Participant

Can’t wait to see what Wolf sez about this one.

Why not just spend $2,500 for a professionally made video in the first place (some will be more pricey, some less, but I’d do it for that price – depends on the client).

composite1

First off, I was suspect when I saw this thing was shot like this. I’m with ‘Cat in that you couldn’t have shelled out a few drachmas to get your promo professionally shot? Then you expect filmmakers to rush out and create high-end videos for you to use as you see fit for free under the unlikely promise of a $5,000 cash prize? Is that US, Canadian, Austrailian or Hong Kong Dollars? When are you going to (if ever) pay off? You may be a legit business, but this thing reeks to high heaven of scam. Potential participants beware.

http://notsomuchnews.blogspot.com/2008/03/russell-oliver-gold-standard.html

http://forums.redflagdeals.com/stay-away-russell-olivers-jewellery-eglinton-west-avenue-rd-worse-attitude-361623/

EarlC

One day there will be a video competition…

…and nobody will show up.

Nicole53
      Participant

Ohh!what’s the matter?

D0n
      Participant

What do you think people would say if you asked ten contractors to build you a house and you’d pay for the one you like?

Wait bad question, a contractor could sell his house to somebody else. A commercial made for you is worthless unless you actually pay me.

I want a union and legislation to ban this crap and the amateurs that fall for it. You need certification to call your self a plumber, and I got a good plunger, you don’t see me hanging up a Plumbing service sign….

;0)

composite1

“I want a union and legislation to ban this crap and the amateurs that fall for it.”

D0n,

Good luck with that cousin!

D0n
      Participant

Didn’t say I was gonna organize one… lol!

but seriously, is it too much to ask that there at least be an exam before a business license gets issued?

Marcel
      Participant

I don’t know if this is the kind of thing he is talking about … although I think he may not all above board here.

ring

EarlC

There’s one born every minute, but for those who would be swayed, we have the protection of Wofgang πŸ˜‰

composite1

“… or those who would be swayed, we have the protection of Wofgang.”

HA! I guess I need to get a big rubber stamp that say’s “WOLFGANG APPROVED”.

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Video and Film Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Best Products

homicide-bootstrap

Need help making a stellar first video?

FREE

Download our free eBook with 8 tips to get on the right track and create a video that you can be proud of.

Giveaway

THE ESSENTIAL VLOGGING TOOLKIT

Given away to one lucky winner

Competition is open worldwide

ENTER TO WIN