3rd party MPEG4 AVI plugin for Sony Vegas Movie Studio?

Videomaker – Learn video production and editing, camera reviews Forums Technique Miscellaneous Techniques 3rd party MPEG4 AVI plugin for Sony Vegas Movie Studio?

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Inactive

I was wondering if anyone out there knows of a third party plugin for an mpeg4 avi file format for editing within Sony Vegas Movie Studio Platinum edition. I can convert the file to mpeg1 or 2 and edit the clip, but I want to save a step by just editing the MPEG4 AVI file directly. I have searched the web extensively but keep coming up empty. Does anybody use the Sony editing software with the video file format (MPEG4 AVI) derived from a Casio EX-P505 camera? Thanks in advance for any help you can give…

Inactive

Huh… Am I understanding you correctly? You’re taking AVI’s and converting them to mpegs and then you’re editing them?

RAM

Inactive

Video-maniac Wrote:

Huh… Am I understanding you correctly? You’re taking AVI’s and converting them to mpegs and then you’re editing them?

RAM

Actually, no, the video is already in mpeg4 format (displayed as an .avi extension,mp4s2), vegas editor does not read mpeg4. In order to get around this, I can convert the original mpeg4 to mpeg2 to edit within the application. This is cumbersome, so I what I wanted was a plugin for reading/editing mpeg4 with the vegas movie studio product. Thanks for any help you can provide.

Inactive

OK Gotch ya!

For a minute I thought you were taking true AVI files and changing them to MPEG-4’s before editing which would have been kind of backwards.

I’m not sure if there is one yet for Vegas Movie Studio. I have to think that one should surface pretty soon. They always do.

Inactive

Video-maniac Wrote:

OK Gotch ya!

For a minute I thought you were taking true AVI files and changing them to MPEG-4’s before editing which would have been kind of backwards.

I’m not sure if there is one yet for Vegas Movie Studio. I have to think that one should surface pretty soon. They always do.

Thanks for the response,…I’ll keep an eye out for it.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

Best After Effects and motion graphics template sites – 2021

You have the tools needed to create stunning motion graphics, but do you have the time? If not, using motion graphics templates can be a great way to add polish to a production without blowing your deadline.
homicide-bootstrap