3d Object from Rhino?

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      JScholar93
      Participant

I made a 3-Dimensional Wine Glass in Rhino (a 3d CAD program), and I want to be able to put it in After Effects and have objects fly behind it, seeing the glass and the objects behind it obscured by the glass’s texture and color. Is this possible, or what is the closest I can do? The glass isn’t reflective, but it isn’t 100% opaque. How should I go about doing this?<span style=”white-space: pre;”> </span>

XTR-91
      Participant

If they have something in common, you can go about doing this.

Such as format (*.t3d, etc.)

jerronsmith
      Participant

After Effects is basically a 2D program not a 3D one so importing true 3D objects isn’t the easiest thing to do.

One solution is to export from Rhino as one of the common interchange formats (OBJ, 3DS, etc) and then import that object into PHotoshop as a 3D object. Import the Photoshop file into After Effects with the Live Photosho p3D option enabled and you should be able to work with it in AE now.

This will work with version CS4 of the program and later.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Graphics and Visual Effects’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Best Products

Best cameras for YouTube — 2021

So you’re all set to start your new YouTube channel where you’ll show how you create wigs for dogs with bald spots. Great! But before you get started, you’ll need a camera. We’re here to help you wade through the...
homicide-bootstrap

Need help making a stellar first video?

FREE

Download our free eBook with 8 tips to get on the right track and create a video that you can be proud of.

Giveaway

THE ESSENTIAL VLOGGING TOOLKIT

Given away to one lucky winner

Competition is open worldwide

ENTER TO WIN