3 camera HDV wedding

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

I’m preparing for my second full HDV wedding this weekend. This one will be nice because I get to edit it. The last one we shot, but they just wanted raw footage. We will use three sony HDR-FX1’s. Wish me luck! The market is coming along for this, consumers just need to get on board, and manufacturers just need to agree. Wedding videographers what do you think? Will people in your area buy in to HD wedding video?

Later
      ~Adam

Participant

alohrey Wrote:

Wedding videographers what do you think? Will people in your area buy in to HD wedding video?

I have to think without a doubt! Shoot… watching your wedding on a HD screen… it wouldn’t get any better than that.

The problem still remains for the shooters to come up with the equipment. Right now I think you can charge a premium for HD because you’re probably one of a few that have the means to do so. I’m thinking that couples with cash will jump on board but the ones on tight budgets might have to pull back a bit.

Good luck! If I wasn’t doing something this weekend I’d come down and run a lens for you just to see how shooting HD would go. πŸ™‚

RAM

Inactive

Obviously, I’m not a wedding videographer, professionally, but I want in on the conversation! πŸ™‚
      I’d say depending on the cost, HD is attractive. Back when a plasma cost $16,000, it was a definite no for me. But now that you can get good ones for $3,000, absolutely. HD is, as mentioned, just a matter of time and agreeing on standards. I’d be willing to pay 50% more for HD, and I think that more and more consumers will opt for HD as prices come down.

Also, I think it speaks volumes of you as a professional to even offer the option of HD. Instant credibility in my mind. I was at a one-camera wedding this winter, and that shocked me.

Participant

The shoot went very well! Now the fun comes, as I sit here setting up 10 tapes to digitize. I will let you guys know how my experience goes editing this.

Participant

I am doing all of the editing using sony vegas 6. I use vegas’s internal capture application to capture the .m2t streams, then I export them as NTSC DV widescreen video. (This ends up taking about twice the time in setting up the project for editing, and twice the Hard drive space as well.) The DV widescreen files make for much easier editing though than trying to edit the .m2t streams. After I am finished editing, I simply click replace clips in the project files bin to replace the dv files with the .m2t streams, and render in HD. I will render it back to a .m2t stream as well as a windows media HD. Once the equipment becomes available I will get a burner and make an HD DVD or a Blue Ray disc. It’s really not that much more of an involved process than DV to edit HDV. Takes a bit more time, and Hard drive space but with 2 TB I have room to work. It helps that my machine is a dual core AMD X2 with 3 gigs RAM. Catch you all later

~Adam

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

homicide-bootstrap