$2.5K or less editing? Primiere Pro, Avid, Vegas or what?

Videomaker – Learn video production and editing, camera reviews Forums General Video and Film Discussion $2.5K or less editing? Primiere Pro, Avid, Vegas or what?

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Inactive

That is the question I have been trying to figure out! Am doing my research now….also, what are the drawbacks to OEM Software??? Is it legal? I have found Avid and Adobe programs on OEM and I had questiions about it. I may be doing some semi-pro work eventually and don’t want problems surfacing later. One other thing, what is the most up to date version of Premiere Pro? I have seen versions ranging from 1.0 and 1.5 all the way to 7.0….any info would be appreciated!!!!

Participant

OEM software means that it was originall sold by the vendor to be integrated into a computer or bundled with hardware. The OEM version of Premeire Pro is identical to the retail packaged version. HOWEVER…

Many of the guys you find on ebay are not selling the actual OEM bundle of the latest version. Sometimes it’s from several versions ago and you’ll end up having to pay to upgrade, other times it’s actually academic versions of the software that may not be upgradeable, still other times it’s bootleg software.

You can find a great bargain on OEM, but it comes with some risk. If you are searching tfor a low cost way to get Adobe Premeire, check out the ADS Pyro Professional bundle. For $499.95 you get Premeire Pro 1.5, Encore DVD 1.5 and Audition 1.5 http://www.videoguys.com/pyroplat.html

Gary

Inactive

7.0 is 1.0

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

Best microphone for video production — 2021

Whether you’re recording audio for a commercial, a wedding or your next feature film, you need the best microphone possible.
homicide-bootstrap