16:9 in the VX2100

• This topic has 5 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 14 years ago by AvatarAnonymous.
Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Inactive

From what i understand, when you use the built in function, it reduces quality…so, my question is, how to people film in widescreen 16:9 without reducing quality? It seems unprofessional, I always thought you were supposed to film in widescreen, THEN cut down to 4:3 if you had to…but I don’t know…someone clear me up here please

Inactive

haha, yeah, ok…well i really hate 4:3, so what kind of lens can i get? all i’ve seen is the fisheye/wide angle, and from what i understand that’s just to get closer to the subject?

thanks

Inactive

thanks…i didn’t know "anamorphic" was what i was looking for

Participant

Why is it that if the movie is going to be put on a DVD it doesn’t matter if "you toss all that quality out the window"?

Participant

I think his point was that DVD reduces the quality so much anyway it will be unnoticeable.

Participant

Right, got it. Thanks for your help. I’m surpised some one has replied to my post. I posted it months ago!

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

Best cinema cameras — 2021

Determining the best cinema cameras on the market today can be complicated. Here are the first cameras you should consider
homicide-bootstrap