$1200 Which Camera? Should I buy This

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

First off, I am looking to spend around $1200. I mostly am shoorting interviews and would like a camcorder that will last me three years or so. I am so lost at all the options. Here is a local option

<span style=”font-size: 12px; color: #656565;”>Someone is selling a</span>

<span style=”font-size: 12px; color: #656565;”>Canon XL1 S for $1200 comes with
      Camera package comes with all the original gear + manual + 3 batteries

He said

“Hours are a total estimate, but would guess, somewhere between 200 + . I shoot weddings primarily and that camera has seen some action but still in good working order, could definately use a Canon service, lube and cleaning of the heads, will cost around $60.

The one thing I do remember at one time I was playing a DV tape back to review some footage and the tape got “crunched” or “eaten”. I have not played tapes back since then.

Everything else in good working order. Let me know if you want to see it first hand.”</span>

<span style=”font-size: 12px; color: #656565;”>Should I buy this? Should I buy something else. Please advice.</span>

Inactive

When they start mentioning hours, they’re probably pros & know when the cam is just about shot…kaput…dead…sticking you with a huge repair bill. Most amateurs don’t record the hours used.

I’d first take lots of time and read up at http://www.camcorderinfo.com and determine whatformats and/or optionsyou’re likely to need…or want…or not need.

Then, after your research, try finding a deal on a gently used cam that just sat on a shelf most of it’s life on Craig’s list or thelocal used camera storewith eBay only as a last resort (carefully checking the feedback ratings).

3 years isn’t very long…my warranty for one of my cams was 4 years.

Participant

You might want to consider the Canon HF S10 from B&H, for $1299.00. I like it so much I am getting a second one.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

homicide-bootstrap