? for DP170 owners

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

I have a question for the DP170 owners. When you hook up a couple of wireless mics to the XLR ports, is the shotgun mic disabled??

Participant

There are two XLR jacks. The shotgun is plugged into one. I think sennheiser has a wireless lapel mic and hand mic that you can toggle between the same receiver. So you could have your shotgun in one jack and your wireless in the other. But could only use one of the wireless mics at a time. So to answer your question the shotgun occupies one of the XLR jacks so if you want two wireless mics at the same time you will have to disable the shotgun.

Participant

Thank you, that’s just what I thought.

I was hoping that I could use two lapel mics, then quickly turn them off to pick up background sound. Perhaps they make a switchable connector for one of the lapel mics, so that I can plug in the shotgun too.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best lights for video production — 2021

Lighting needs run the gamut, from huge budget productions to small, DIY vloggers, and there’s something for every niche. This article will explain what to think about before buying lights and provide a list of the best video lights currently on the market.
homicide-bootstrap