Send us your finest work on any topic, as long as the body of the production is five minutes or less in length. The possibilities are endless. Entries must be on disc–either CD or DVD, in Windows Media or QuickTime format (no bitrate restrictions) or DVD-Video. Entries must be in our office by October 31, 2005 (see Entry Guidelines). Videomaker's editors will judge the entries and will be looking for technical proficiency, image quality and overall excellence.
The best of the best videos will compete for the Grand Prize and the numbered prizes. If you're under 20, a Young Videographer bonus award is up for grabs, and if you're over 55, the Senior Videographer Award could be yours.
The winning announcements will appear in the May 2006 issue of Videomaker.
GRAND PRIZE: Digital Juice-Graphics/music/footage Mega-Pack ($7,854)
27 Volumes of Jump Backs Animated Backgrounds, 10 Volumes of StackTraxx Production Music, 6 Volumes of Editor's Toolkits Animated Graphic Sets, 3 Volumes of VideoTraxx Stock Footage Library
FIRST PRIZE: NewTek VT  ($3,995)
SECOND PRIZE:JonyJib JonyPrompter ($1,995)
THIRD PRIZE: VariZoom DV Sportster Combo Kit ($1,800)
FOURTH PRIZE: Sony Media Software Vegas+DVD Production Suite ($900)
BEST MUSIC VIDEO:
Trilab Digital Hotcakes Grand Slam ($579)
BEST CLASSROOM VIDEO:
(Note: "Classroom Video" is defined as a video produced over the course of a K-12 or college-level video production class.)
Serious Magic Visual Communicator
BEST SPORTS VIDEO:
Azden 100LTH Wireless Microphone ($450)
Lite-On LVW 5045 DVD Recorder ($449)
Bogen Manfrotto 745B Tripod with 701RC2 Head ($408)
BEST YOUNG VIDEOGRAPHER and BEST SENIOR VIDEOGRAPHER:
Ulead DVD Workshop 2 ($395)
PixelPops PopDrops DVD Menu and Packaging Templates ($230)
BEST TRAINING VIDEO:
Tenba TriPak Case for Tripods and Light Stands ($185)
BEST COMMERCIAL OR PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT:
(Note: Commercials and PSAs
must be :30 or :60 in duration.)
Music 2 Hues – 4 Flagship Collection Music Library CDs ($125)
BEST EXPERIMENTAL VIDEO:
Roadwired Skooba Satchel ($100)
BEST FOREIGN-LANGUAGE VIDEO:
(Note: Please provide English subtitles.)
JHL Technologies quik Templates ($60)
Check Out Past Winners
See streaming samples of our 2004 contest winners at www.videomaker.com
Videomaker takes no responsibility for any loss or damage to discs occurring during the contest. Note: never send your master.
How to Enter
- Fill out the entry form completely. If you are sending more than one entry, photocopy and fill out a separate entry form for each.
- You may send multiple discs in the same envelope and pay for all entries with a single check or money order payable to Videomaker.
- For each submission, enclose a list describing all equipment used in the production. Give the dollar value (new) of each piece of equipment.
- Enclose a declaration of copyright release for all music, photography, film or video used in each submission.
- Please do not apply stick-on paper labels to your discs. (That is to say, "Impress us with your video, not the physical media that your video is recorded onto.") We encourage you to label your disc with a suitable marker for optical media or to use an inkjet printer that can print on the surfaces of discs.
- Enclose $10 entry fee for each submission. Send check or money order only, please. All payments must be made in US funds. Wire transfers are not accepted. Make payable to Videomaker.
- Enclose your disc(s), entry form(s), list(s), release(s) and payment and send to:
The Videomaker/Digital Juice Short Video Contest 2005 – PO Box 4591 – Chico, CA 95927