High Quality Recording: A large super 35 millimeter CMOS sensor and a DIGIC DV III image processor, with a special nonlinear transfer function called Canon Log, empower the camera with the capability of recording in high definition at a resolution of over 8 mega pixels. Having a fast scan speed, the resulting images are more lifelike and less susceptible to distortions such as rolling shutter, a manifestation inherent in most CMOS sensor based digital cameras. Even in inadequately lit areas, the cameras incredible sensors and image processors produce detailed images. The image sensor works in such a way that the entire bandwidth of each RGB video component is delivered without using demosaicing algorithms.
Camera Display: The camera is equipped with a viewfinder and a 4 inch LCD screen. The monitor can be rotated to 270 degrees and enables the operator to view the shot with convenience. The controls for the optics are present at the rear of the camera for quick access during shooting.
Switch able Lens: The camera is not restricted to a single lens. The versatility of the C300 allows you to use the Canon EF (Electro-focus) lenses, the new Cine lenses and many more.
Recording: Recording options such as NTSC and PAL compatibility, resolution, frame rate and bit rate is fully user configurable. Besides these, there are other features like slow and fast motion and interval separated image capture. Uncompressed HD signal, embedded audio and SMPTE time code give this camera the ability to be used for broadcasts even. The camera saves the data in Material eXchange Format (MXF) file type on CompactFlash (CF) cards. Provisions for two slots for CF cards allows the user to double the recording time, in which case the data will be copied automatically to the second card after the first card becomes full, or create a duplicate card for data backup, in which case the same data is recorded on both cards simultaneously.
The camcorder also has other features like ND filter, user customizable buttons to which listed functions can be assigned, personal menu, saving camcorder setting to memory card, built-in microphone, 2 XLR input terminals, waveform monitor and vectorscope. A WI-FI Remote application allows you to view the images, alter focus, shutter speed and other settings without physically being present around the camcorder.
- Effective Pixels: 8.29 megapixels (3840 x 2160)
- Power Rating: 7.4V DC (battery pack), 8.4V DC (DC-IN)0.52 lbs
- Signal System: NTSC and PAL
- Compression: 8 Bit MPEG-2 Long GOP
- Color Space: 4:2:2 at 50Mbps recording
- Maximum Bit Rate: 50Mbps (CBR)
- Sensor: CMOS 24.6 x 13.8mm Progressive sensor (single-panel) with Bayer Array, Imaging Processor: DIGIC DV III
- Max. Shutter Speed: 1/2000 sec
- ISO Range: 320 to 20,000, 1-stop or 1/3-stop
- ND Filter Settings: Mechanical ND filter system with option of clear, 2 stops, 4 stops, and 6 stops
- White Balance: Auto, Manual, 2 Custom (2000K – 150,00K in 100K increments), Daylight, Tungsten
- HD/SD-SDI Terminal: BNC (output only), with embedded audio
- Timecode Terminals: BNC (input/output), Sync Out (BNC)
- Viewfinder: 0.52-inch diagonal, color 16:9 rotatable LCD +2.0 to -5.5 diopter eye adjustment
- LCD Screen: 4-inch diagonal, 1.23 megapixel color 16:9 rotatable LCD
- XLR: 3-pin jack (2), Switchable between MIC/LINE
- HDMI: Terminal (Type A), output only
- WFT: Terminal for compatible Wi-Fi Accessory
- Dimensions: Camera + Handle + LCD Screen: 7.3W x 11.2C x 11.9 D in
- Price: $14,999.00 (lens not included)