The JVC GY-HM600U is one of the very latest handheld ProHD cameras from JVC. This next generation HD camera is able to give the user a way to capture precious family memories but also delivers exceptional video for sports, documentaries and weddings, which often occur in low-light environments. The JVC GY-HM600U is lightweight and user-friendly delivering the highest standards of quality.
Sight and Sound
The JVC GY-HM600U has a built-in Fujinon HD lens. This lens features a wide focal range of 29mm-667 (35mm equivalent) allowing the user to capture a wide variety of shots. The 3 ND filters included gives depth to any shot. Other features include face detection and optical image stabilizer – making this camera feature rich.
Also included is a built-in micrphone which is ideal for capturing nat sound and run and gun productions that don’t need the high end set up of external microphones. But, the GY-HM600 does include two XLR inputs with phantom power and a shotgun mic holder for times that an external microphone is a must. Also included is a headphone jack and separate input for a wireless mic receiver. This camera is equipped with a LANC remote connector.
The JVC GY-HM600U has a max resolution of 1920×1080 due to the three 1/3″ 12-bit CMOS sensors. It has a built in ND filter and offers F11 sensitivity. Other options include LCD display, built-in microphone, viewfinder and two SDXC/SDHC card slots for ease of use when shooting on the go. Recording options include MPEG-2, AVCHD, and SD and Proxy H.264. This camera is very versatile for every type of videographer.
- 1/3-inch 12-bit CMOS sensors (1920 x 1080 x 3)
- F11 Sensitivity
- 23x Fujinon Auto focus zoom lens with manual functions. F1.6-3.0, 23x, f=4.1-94.3mm (35mm conversion:29 to 667mm)
- Optical image stabilizer
- 3 position ND filter (1/4, 1/16, 1/64)
- 0.45-inch 1.22M pixel color viewfinder
- 3.5-inch 920K pixel LCD display with focus assist
- SDXC/SDHC memory card recording (2 slots for dual-backup, continuous recording)
- Professional switch layout and comprehensive video settings
- Pre Rec (retro) mode (20 sec.)
- Interval (time lapse) recording
- 2-channel balanced audio inputs (mic/line switchable) w/phantom power supply
- HD/SD-SDI, HDMI Outputs
- Wired remote control connector
- High performance 2D DNR