GRAND PRIZE: Digital Juice-Graphics/music/footage Mega-Pack ($7,854)
27 Volumes of Jump Backs Animated Backgrounds, 10 Volumes of StackTraxx Production Music, 6 Volumes of Editor’s Toolkits Animated Graphic Sets, 3 Volumes of VideoTraxx Stock Footage Library
FIRST PRIZE: NewTek VT  ($3,995)
SECOND PRIZE:JonyJib JonyPrompter ($1,995)
THIRD PRIZE: VariZoom DV Sportster Combo Kit ($1,800)
FOURTH PRIZE: Sony Media Software Vegas+DVD Production Suite ($900)
BEST MUSIC VIDEO:
Trilab Digital Hotcakes Grand Slam ($579)
BEST CLASSROOM VIDEO:
(Note: "Classroom Video" is defined as a video produced over the course of a K-12 or college-level video production class.)
Serious Magic Visual Communicator
BEST SPORTS VIDEO:
Azden 100LTH Wireless Microphone ($450)
Lite-On LVW 5045 DVD Recorder ($449)
Bogen Manfrotto 745B Tripod with 701RC2 Head ($408)
BEST YOUNG VIDEOGRAPHER and BEST SENIOR VIDEOGRAPHER:
Ulead DVD Workshop 2 ($395)
PixelPops PopDrops DVD Menu and Packaging Templates ($230)
BEST TRAINING VIDEO:
Tenba TriPak Case for Tripods and Light Stands ($185)
BEST COMMERCIAL OR PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT:
(Note: Commercials and PSAs
must be :30 or :60 in duration.)
Music 2 Hues – 4 Flagship Collection Music Library CDs ($125)
BEST EXPERIMENTAL VIDEO:
Roadwired Skooba Satchel ($100)
BEST FOREIGN-LANGUAGE VIDEO:
(Note: Please provide English subtitles.)
JHL Technologies quik Templates ($60)
Check Out Past Winners
See streaming samples of our 2004 contest winners at www.videomaker.com
- The 2005 Videomaker/Digital Juice Short Video Contest is open to all videographers unaffiliated with Video-maker or any of the contest’s sponsors.
- Entries must be submitted as Windows Media or QuickTime burned to CD or DVD, or a DVD-Video disc. Entries on videotape will be disqualified.
- Entries must be five minutes or less in length, and include an equipment list showing the original list price for each component used in the production. Equipment must total no more than $20,000. The cost of equipment used will be taken into consideration
- Written proof of copyright must be included with the entry for all materials, audio and video, used in the production. Written proof must be a document signed by the copyright holder giving the videographer, by name, explicit permission to use the specific material. In the case of royalty-free content, the videographer must list the name of the library and track or name of media clip used.
- Enter as many videos as you like, but send each entry on its own individual disc. If you are entering the same video in several categories, send only one copy of the disc and one entry fee, then check off all categories the video fits on the entry form.
- Entry fee for the 2005 Videomaker/Digital Juice Short Video Contest is $10.
- Entries must be received on or before 5PM Pacific Time Monday, October 31, 2005. Discs received after this date will be disqualified.
- Winners will be announced in a future issue of Videomaker. All submissions become property of Videomaker. All contestants consent to Videomaker’s use of entries for promotional and/or editorial purposes.
- Winners’ names, addresses, phone numbers and email addresses will be provided to the prize sponsors.
- Winners are responsible for any state, federal or other taxes or duties resulting from the receipt of prizes. Without exception, the full values of winnings will be declared on customs forms, if prizes are to be shipped outside the United States of America.
Videomaker takes no responsibility for any loss or damage to discs occurring during the contest. Note: never send your master.
How to Enter
- Fill out the entry form completely. If you are sending more than one entry, photocopy and fill out a separate entry form for each.
- You may send multiple discs in the same envelope and pay for all entries with a single check or money order payable to Videomaker.
- For each submission, enclose a list describing all equipment used in the production. Give the dollar value (new) of each piece of equipment.
- Enclose a declaration of copyright release for all music, photography, film or video used in each submission.
- Please do not apply stick-on paper labels to your discs. (That is to say, "Impress us with your video, not the physical media that your video is recorded onto.") We encourage you to label your disc with a suitable marker for optical media or to use an inkjet printer that can print on the surfaces of discs.
- Enclose $10 entry fee for each submission. Send check or money order only, please. All payments must be made in US funds. Wire transfers are not accepted. Make payable to Videomaker.
- Enclose your disc(s), entry form(s), list(s), release(s) and payment and send to:
The Videomaker/Digital Juice Short Video Contest 2005 – PO Box 4591 – Chico, CA 95927