To prove what Peter Griffin, the father on Fox's "Family Guy", once said "social media is bringing us all closer together," there is now a series of firmware updates coming to Sony's Action Cam AS100V model that will feature some live streaming capabilities that will more efficiently utilize U-Stream with its live streaming content via the Internet. This just means that all you have to do is link your social media accounts so that it sends notifications to all of your family and friends that you are currently streaming live from your camera. Some examples of these new updates are burst shooting, a self-timer, motion shot mode, and much more.
One feature of the AS100V includes an update note as a motion shot mode that will enable users to capture, in a single image, all traces of a moving object which will, in turn, make the object itself appear to be a continuous image. Other features include burst shooting and a self-timing update feature that will create options for a delay of up to ten seconds as well as enable burst shooting up to 10 fps.
The multi-camera control feature is another feature but is for the AS30V model only, and will enable this camera control of up to five cameras with the help of a Sony Live Remote Control-LVR1. An auto exposure is also a feature that is much improved along with Wi-Fi capabilities which have no need of a memory card.
SONY ADDS LIVE STREAMING CAPABILITIES TO ACTION CAM SERIES VIA FIRMWARE UPDATE
New Downloadable Update Also Includes Motion Shot Mode, Burst Shooting, Self-Timer and more
SAN DIEGO, June 18, 2014 – Sony Electronics has released a series of firmware updates for their Action Cam lineup that add a variety of new functionality including the ability to live stream video from the flagship AS100V cameras.
In addition to live streaming, the new firmware adds motion shot mode, burst shooting, and a self-timer to the Action Cam AS100V model.
There is also an update available for the AS30V model which gives the Sony Live View Remote (model RMT-VR1) the ability to control multiple AS30V cameras, improves the auto exposure and allows Wi-Fi to operate without requiring a memory card to be installed.
Formal summary of firmware updates below:
· Live Streaming Capabilities via Internet (AS100V only): The AS100V will have the ability to utilize U-Stream® for live steaming content via the internet. Now you can link your favorite social accounts with the streaming to notify your friends when you’re live streaming from your camera.
· Motion Shot Mode (AS100V only): The Motion Shot LE mode will be added to the AS100V to allow users to capture traces of a moving subject in one image so that it appears to be a continuous picture. Sample screen shots below:
Motion Shot LE on AS100V
· Burst Shooting and Self-Timer (AS100V only): This new update enables burst still shooting up to 10fps as well as a self-timer with an option for a delay of either 2 seconds or 10 seconds.
· Multi Camera Control, Wi-Fi, and Improved Auto Exposure (AS30V only): Another update allows for the AS30V to have multi camera control (up to five cameras) via an optional Sony Live Remote Control RMT-LVR1. Wi-Fi capabilities will now be available without a memory card inserted as well as significantly improved auto exposure.
The Action Cam firmware updates can be downloaded immediately from the following links:
· HDR-AS100V Update – LINKS:
o Windows: http://esupport.sony.com/swu/9897/US
o Mac OS: http://esupport.sony.com/swu/9899/US
· HDR-AS30V Update – LINKS:
o Windows: http://esupport.sony.com/swu/9893/US
o Mac OS: http://esupport.sony.com/swu/9895/US
Sony Electronics Inc.