You’re logging your footage to your video editing software and you found a once in a lifetime clip, but is too grainy! You desperately visit Videomaker forums for a miraculous solution and one member points you to a “continuum unit.” Is not a physics measurement, is the new Boris Continuum Units Product Family.
Previously sold as a $1000 bundle, Boris Continuum Complete filters are now available as separate Boris Continuum Units, allowing artists to choose toolsets that are geared towards their specific needs. Over 200 comprehensive filters across 16 categories of effects, can be purchased separately for Adobe After Effects, Adobe Premiere Pro, Apple Final Cut Pro, Apple Motion, and Sony Vegas Pro. Some of these categories include 3D particles, lens flares and lights, chroma keys and mattes, color correction tools, blurs, glows, and film effects. Pricing ranges from $199 to $299 per Unit and upgrades from previous Unit versions are available for $49.95.
The new Boris Continuum Units product family is immediately available from the Boris FX website at www.borisfx.com
By the way, to ease you of the pain of your grainy footage, Continuum is there to help with their “Image Restoration” unit, which reduce noise, remove flicker, upscale SD to HD, repair bad pixels, smooth and soften skin imperfections, and remove unwanted foreground objects.
Boris FX Rolls Out New Boris Continuum Units Product Family
Pick and Choose Boris Continuum Complete Filter Categories Starting at $199
Boston, MA – February 20, 2013 – Boris FX, the leading developer of integrated VFX and workflow technology for video and film, today announced that each category of Boris Continuum Complete filters is now available as a separate Boris Continuum Unit, allowing artists to choose toolsets that are geared towards their specific needs.
Boris Continuum Complete delivers the most comprehensive VFX plug-in suite ever created. Over 200 comprehensive filters across 16 categories of effects include 3D particles, image restoration tools such as Noise Reduction and Flicker Fixer, lens flares and lights, chroma keys and mattes, color correction tools, blurs, glows, and film effects. Each of these 16 categories of filters is now available as a Boris Continuum Unit that may be purchased separately for Adobe After Effects, Adobe Premiere Pro, Apple Final Cut Pro, Apple Motion, and Sony Vegas Pro.
New Boris Continuum Units Product Family by Boris Continuum Complete Filter Category
• 3D Objects ($299). Create and animate extruded text, extrude EPS logos, deform layers, and extrude spline shapes - all in real-time, with AE camera and lights integration.
• Art Looks ($199). Simulate pencil-sketched images, the wash look of a watercolor painting, a rotoscope toon-animation look, charcoal drawings, and more.
• Blur and Sharpen ($199). Emulate a rack defocus effect, create in-camera motion blur effects, and achieve stylized depth-of-field looks.
• Color and Tone ($299). Independently adjust the bright, mid, and dark regions of an image clip, make adjustments to a specific color in a scene, and much more.
• Film Style ($299). Generate the warm organic look of film in seconds with customizable film glow, film grain, and film process looks.
• Image Restoration ($299). Reduce noise, remove flicker, upscale SD to HD, repair bad pixels, smooth and soften skin imperfections, and remove unwanted foreground objects.
• Key and Blend ($299). An award-winning suite of chroma key tools complete with spill suppression, matte choker, and light wrap.
• Lights ($299). Produce stunning volumetric lighting effects and real-world lens flares.
• Match Move ($199). Achieve fast and easy witness protection and billboard sign replacement effects.
• Particles ($299). BCC particle effects give 3D broadcast designers the ultimate particle machine, providing powerful, flexible, and OpenGL-accelerated options. Create realistic explosions, rain, snow, and other organic matter with full 3D camera and lighting control.
• Perspective ($199). Create smooth, professional Ken Burns-style animations, shatter video into 3D shards, and generate 3D shapes with image mapping.
• Stylize ($199). Popular stylized VFX include LED, Damaged TV, Prism, Emboss, and Scatterize.
• Textures ($199). Generate realistic textures such as Steel Plates, Clouds, Wooden Planks, and Rock. The procedurally-generated textures render smoothly at any scale.
• Time ($199). Smoothly retime clips and easily achieve a variety of temporal effects.
• Transitions ($199). Choose from a variety of wipes, transition effects, and presets and easily customize the effects using an on-screen, graph-curve user interface.
• Warp ($199). Create animated morphs, bulges, ripples, and waves.
Pricing and Availability
The new Boris Continuum Units product family is immediately available from the Boris FX website atwww.borisfx.com with support for Adobe After Effects, Adobe Premiere Pro, Apple Final Cut Pro, Apple Motion, and Sony Vegas Pro. Pricing ranges from $199 to $299 per Unit and upgrades from previous Unit versions are available for $49.95. Boris Continuum Unit purchases can be credited towards a full Boris Continuum Complete license purchase at any time in the future. Free 14-day Trial Versions are available at www.borisfx.com.
About Boris FX
Founded in 1995, Boris FX is a leading developer of VFX, compositing, titling, and workflow tools for broadcast, post-production, and film professionals. Boris FX products have grown to serve over a million artists worldwide, with a customer base encompassing network and broadcast television clients such as ABC, BBC, CBS, Discovery, ESPN, and Turner, post-production facilities such as The Ant Farm, Digital Kitchen, and Troika Design Group, and educational and government institutions such as Video Symphony, Columbia College, the U.S. Army, and the U.S. Air Force. The company's success lies in its ability to tightly integrate and leverage technologies through strong partnerships with industry-leading developers of video editing software and hardware including Adobe, Apple, Avid, Corel, Grass Valley, Nexidia, and Sony.