NEWS - Morgan / Andrew
* ABC offering "free" content soon (the democracy continues?). Concurrently, Disney is going to be offering some of its shows, like ABC's "Desperate Housewives", online the day after it airs.
* NAB: We're going, you're not. (The Reader, we mean.) So we'll tell you all about it when we return. A brief explainer of what NAB is, and why the NDAs are keeping us form talking about new product announcements.
* Danny DeVito and Morgan Freeman have launched an on-line documentary channel called ClickStar
* Networks finally take their heads out of the sand and admit that PrimeTime programming as they know it is dying, and are tying to find other ways to get their product seen.
* The Emmy Organization is allowing Podcast videos as a category into its next contest
PROPS: PRODUCT SHOWCASE: The PSC Mixer and the Edirol mixer
Testing the S-Gamut3.Cine Slog3 colour profile in the Sony a7S II. Please note this is 4K down scaled to a 1080P timeline. Canon 16-35 F4 Set to F11 on both cameras. Shutter speed used to get correct exposure. White balance 5500K
We've been screaming about this for years, but Simon Cade at DSLRguide has put it into words more eloquently than we've heard in quite some time. Simon strikes down all the buzz words we industry geeks tend to throw around like dynamic range, aliasing and 4K, but emphasizes that the they all take second fiddle to storytelling.
5 ways to avoid embarrassment - Client based video production. Client relationships are at the heart of good business. Being prepared is key to success.
We show you 5 ways to avoid embarrassment and win favor with your client. A great product begins with a great experience.
We give you the first look and unbox The DJI Inspire 1. With its retractable landing gear, 360 degree rotating 4k Camera mounted on a 3 axis gimble and cool stylings comes with a hefty price tag, but is it worth it? Take a look and see our first impressions.
Brandon from LinusTechTips brings us this amazing explanation how Metabones Speedboosters are able to give your interchangeable-lens camera an additional f-stop. That means more light and even shallower depth of field.