CSTV Networks (a division of CBS) has just launched a mighty, mighty website promising to deliver over 10,000 live college sporting events over the next year. Wow! That's a lot of Internet TV programming. Further proof that the Long Tail theory is alive and monetizing. Although, one could argue that some Universities are so widely popular that they don't really fit into that category.
NEWS and Technology - Morgan / Andrew
* IBM announces a new technology that increases tape density: possibly up to 8-terabytes on one tape. Most likely use would be for archiving.
* PROP: K-tek sends us a budget wind screen: An affordable Zeppelin. We take one apart and show its inner workings.
* AtomFilm announces a few new films going directly to its Web site and mobile phones.
* PROP: We look at a few "how to" books on editing.
* PROP: Samplitude, an audio editing software (on level of Adobe's Audtion)
Tips and LETTERS - Andrew/ Brian
* Reader question: How much coverage will we be giving to high definition formats?
* Part three of four on How to Create your Own Vidcast.
* PLUG: Contact us at: Web /forum Page
Morgan / Andrew
* JVC's Everio: 30GB hard drive camcorder. This 3 CCD camcorder shoots native 16:9 widescreen images with higher- than- average resolution. Top it off with a headphone jack and accessory shoe, and you're ready to roll. Alas, no tape is needed.
* Panasonic & Sony HD Announcement: Panasonic and Sony Jointly Developed New HD Digital Video Camera Recorder Format for Recording on Disc . This is for acquisition, not distribution. It's called AVCHD: Advanced Video Codec High Definition.