- Chuck Peters Fri, 11/01/2013 - 7:47am
Music videos give you an opportunity to shoot and edit like an artist. These 5 time-tested tips will get you on the right road to making magical music videos.
- Jennifer O'Rourke Thu, 11/08/2012 - 11:20am
Veterans Day comes a reminder that many people put their lives on the line for their country every day, and video producers have a great gift that can help the veterans tell their stories.
- Anonymous (not verified) Tue, 08/01/2006 - 12:00am
One of the most difficult, important and rewarding things a director has to do is find, recruit and work with talent.
- Anonymous (not verified) Sun, 06/01/2003 - 12:00am
When directing amateurs, you use different techniques than when working with pros.
- Anonymous (not verified) Fri, 11/01/2002 - 12:00am
A handy guide to finding, auditioning and hiring the best performers for your next production.
- Anonymous (not verified) Sun, 09/01/2002 - 12:00am
Many actors, like pieces of clay, need to be molded and prodded into perfect form. Your job as director is to recognize actor shortcomings and decide what kind of intervention is necessary.
- Anonymous (not verified) Tue, 05/01/2001 - 12:00am
Practical strategies for keeping your paid and unpaid volunteers happy under a rigorous schedule.
- Anonymous (not verified) Sun, 06/01/1997 - 12:00am
Summer is a great time to use your camcorder, but there are several important things to consider when shooting during this sultry season.
- Anonymous (not verified) Tue, 01/01/1991 - 12:00am You know the feeling
Walk into a room full of people, remove your camcorder's lens cap, and suddenly your would-be subjects are aswash in a sea of anxiety
There they are: your relatives, your friends, eyes squeezed shut, heads lolling, muttering nonsense, primping neurotically, crawling with tics and twitches, looking and acting mor elike loonies on a day trip than people you love and admire. You hoped to catch them at their natural best; instead, you're accumlulating evidence for commitment.