You are here

Wedding Videopgrapher needed near Chicago west-suburbs

GlacierMan's picture

We are getting married on September 21, 2013 at the Acquaviva Winery (just 15 minutes west of St. Charles, IL). All of the videographers in the Chicagoland area are either extremely expensive, really really cheesy, or expensive and really cheesy.

If you are a young videographer with some samples you can send me, I'd love to hear from you. Nothing super fancy or over-produced. Just a well-shot, smart and hip 15-20minute indie-looking film (think Edward Sharpe, new-folk rock type video).

Ed
Ed's picture
Plus Member

Could you define what "expensive" is? And what "cheesy" is?

When you say "young" videographer, maybe you could define that too. I've not encountered any young film school graduates that can afford to invest upwards of $20,000 into quality video gear when many are carrying student loans that are greater than my mortgage.

I speak only for myself, but I know there are others on here that will agree your posting belongs on Craigslist. Lots of people post there looking for cheap service and get what they pay for - or nothing at all.

The Videomaker forums are populated by a lot of creative people that are making either a part-time or full-time living shooting video, and when someone complains about videography being expensive, we tend to react negatively. It's akin to your boss coming to you and asking you to take a reduction in pay for a few weeks because he doesn't think you're really worth what he's paying you.

I mentioned $20,000 as the amount of investment into equipment but for many, it can be double or triple, or even more than that number. There are the other costs that a functioning businesses has to deal with - taxes, fees, utilities, and more.

Congratulations on your wedding, I hope all goes well. Even a small one requires many hours of planning and attending to details. But, please be realistic when looking for professionals, whether videographers, DJs or others in the wedding business. We all need to make the rent each month and assuming someone "young" will offer discounted service is really short sighted and a bit insulting.

mcrockett's picture
Plus Member

Agreeing with Ed, I would also like to add my 2 cents.  Did it occur to you that maybe the "expensive" videographers gave you high quotes because that is what it costs for a good videographer in your area?

Also, keep in mind that even though videography costs vary in different areas, any videographer in his right mind from outside your area is going to charge you a lot more because of his traveling expenses.

If you want your wedding shot by a proffessional, you must expect to pay for it.

shaynewillis's picture

Before I comment on anything else.  May I know first how much is your budget for the videographer first?

For Lighting rental Los Angeles, Visit Here.

Harry Brooks's picture

Just a well-shot, smart and hip 15-20minute indie-looking film (think Edward Sharpe, new-folk rock type video).

Those are expensive buzz words there..Well shot=experience, Smart &Hip=lots of editing, Indie looking=Im not sure? Most Indie films try to emulate big budget films..Do you mean just a 15-20 minute final production taken from 3-4 hrs of master shoot.

Give the Bride What She Wants!

lokenj12's picture

Check them for good video production service, they are providing all kinds of services related to making good videos, the leading video production services situated at Chicago, is one good solution for video production, One best thing is they are equipped with latest technology and creative staffs. So if you want to find them, visiting website will reveal all contact details.