You are here

Video camera for recording horse racing at around 150 fps

aawasthi's picture

Hi My company uses a  Bassler A501kc camera equipped with a Rainbow TV zoom lens to record sections (around 5 seconds long) of horse races at 150 fps from a distance of 100-150 feet. The current set up is controlled via computer/joystick and the zoom can not be adjusted while a video is being recorded. I need to replace this system with a camera that provides similar fps AND better colors, manual control and the ability to zoom while recording video. Our budget is around $5,000. Any suggestions on what cameras I should be looking at ? I did find the Phantom 65, but not sure if thats the right fit (I don't have any videography knowledge) Thanks a ton!

aawasthi's picture

Insanely expensive!

Any suggestions for my range ?

Brian Collins's picture

Phantom is definitely overkill for a horse racing track finish cam but 100k is really not that expensive in a production environment.  It all relative.  

Brian Collins

Atomic Pictures Inc

Birmingham, AL

www.atomicpix.com

Cville's picture

The Sony FS-700U can shoot at up to 960 frames per second but is priced at $7499.00 without a lens.   Don't know if this is something like what you are looking for. 

We don’t make movies to make money, we make money to make more movies.- Walt Disney 

www.ynotvideo.us

Demetrius Starks's picture
Plus Member

That might be the closest thing! ^^^

Unless you wait a year a two. Seems like slow motion stuff is trickling down in price to the consumer level the longer we wait