You are here

Posting your website or youtube channel to boost audience

Trash ManDIngoh's picture

Barry's picture

From The title of your Topic it seems like you started it as a place for others to publisht their Youtube videos or channels.  And they did.

But you asked if people would like to look and comment and like and subscribe,

You want to build up viewers and subscribtions but I'm not sure how much critique you want.

I went to your channel,   I looked at some of your videos.

If you want a comment months after you posted.  I can make some quick ones.

8 to 15 minute videos are fine if something happens in them,  In youtube you have to get attention right away,   You should invest in some screenwriting books.  The  principles in an hour and a half story apply to a ten minute story but compressed.

Energy and enthusiasm are compelling. Your latest low key rambling into the camera won't keep anyone's interest.

Comedy is hard.  I know, I make a decent portion of my living doing it.  But I wasn't as good as I am now.  

Take some acting or improv classes.

But as you like making videos, which is great. And have friends who make them with you.  You are lucky.

But as an experiment,  Try making some 2 and half minute or less videos.  Make them full of enthusiasm and don't linger on any aspect.  Keep them moving, physically or metaphorically.

If you are feeling tired and down but feel you should make a video.  You have to forice the enthusiasm until the camera is turned off.

I have depression but you would never know it when I perform on stage on in a video.  Except in the bits of footage before the camera is turned off.

You seem to have a good start. You have subscribers.

I have none.  I just started posting last week and most of them are my videos that I did over the year while continuing my quest to learn film making.

Many are kind of odd.  But that's okay.  I also have one that is 8 seconds long.  It is a guy yelling at people offscreen, he then turns around and crashes into a pole and falls to the ground.

Not hilarious but I am told it makes one smile.

There you go, comments.

But right now I won't be subscribing or liking or sharing

Good luck and find outlets in your school or where you live to learn about entertaining.

Barry

saltlakestudio's picture

YouTube has been a target for any business nowadays, either large or small. This site made online marketing more effective that any business is doing it. After figuring what video to produce, you can then able to attract a wider audience. If you don't have any idea where to begin when producing an online video, visit http://www.saltlakecitystudio.com.

ajourneythroughtime's picture

Hi, my name is Josh. I recently finished a new pizza/BMX video
project and uploaded it to YouTube. It features me riding BMX on
pieces of pizza around Portland, Oregon.

I am trying to share my video with people I think would find it
interesting. I hope you enjoy it!

Pizza/BMX video:

?list=UUShApPwjo3AePFgoRk7R2CA

Sincerely,
Josh Navarro