You are here

New Vegas

Daryl jemison Jemison's picture

Hey they just anounced the new Vegas 12. Its on the thier web page. has anyone recived the e-mail yet. Right now its at 189,00 if you go to my software and look at the upgrades. Coooooolll!!!

chuckzootz's picture

Sony asked me to be a beta tester for 12, and am I ever happy that it is out, going to order it asap

doublehamm's picture

I was just looking at the info.  What are the new features compared to 11, I cannot seem to find them anywhere.  Is this just basically a number version upgrade?

doublehamm's picture

Hmm this was just released today?  Good (or bad) timing on my part I guess. I just happened to wander on over there to see if there was a new version yet and 12 was there.  Still don't see and new must haves over pro 11.  And I am downloading the trial at a whopping 16KB/s.  It must be a pretty popular download at the moment.  Ahhhh, this is bringing back fond memories of dial up.  My connection is rated at nearly 40MB/s.  I know this is not an issue on my end!

doublehamm's picture

That link just lists features, and from what I see is no different from 11.  I also received an email about 15 minutes ago for my upgrade.  It does mention something about color matching - now THAT might be useful if it is what I think it is.  I have 2 identical cameras, but the color is off slightly between the 2 and I am always wrestling to match them up.  Even if I have the same settings, one is a little "greener" compared to the other.  If this can match them automatically, it might be worth the upgrade based on that alone. 

danesk's picture
Plus Member

Version 12 can import/export to/from other NLEs and After Effects - a huge step up. Effect masking, color matching and other improvements over V.11. Great upgrade price, $139.00...mine just took a few min. to download, unlike doublehamm's experience.

doublehamm's picture

Still going horribly, my download keeps getting cut off.  I am now averaging 5KB/s download and not even 10MB downloaded.  Going to try and let it run all night.  I cannot even upgrade my Vegas Pro 11 that was released yesterday I believe, as the download is just as slow. I did find a torrent for Vegas Pro 12, but afraid to open it unless I have to.  Pretty sure it is fully legit though, scanned it with avast, and malwrebtes with no issue.  If this does not download straight from Sony by morning I will try the torrented version.  No other sites are showing any signs of slow internet.  Speedtest.net is showing my connection at 38 MB/s from a server 3000 miles away.

chuckzootz's picture

One improvement I found while testing the beta was the have built their best video stbilizing tool yet. I had to work on a video where bass vibration was causing vibro/softness at points in one of the streams in the multi camera video I just finished.

barnacle's picture

I couldn't figure out how to post a new thread with this new Videomaker site.  But Adobe Premiere Elements 11 is also just out.  I still use version 8 but see no reason to upgrade to v11.

Charles Meadows's picture

Just our pennies worth...

Sony Vegas Pro is probably one of the most stable and easy to use edit systems out there. Now that we can integrate it with Adobe and especially with AE it's a small little dream come true.

Charles Meadows

DOP Incubate Productions

www.incubatevideo.co.za

Charles Meadows

www.incubatevideo.co.za