You are here

looking for Camcorder w/ Microphone and Headphone Jack

HughMcL's picture

Hey I need some help...

I am looking for a camcorder $500 or under that has a microphone jack (for external microphones) and a headphone jack to monitor the sound...

Also the camera must have efficent zoom capabilities as I film pranks and need to stand far away so the people do not notice the camera

Please help me out!

Thanks

brunerww's picture
Plus Member

Hi Hugh - it sounds like you're looking for the $380 Canon HF R32, with its 51x zoom, mic and headphone jacks.  Sadly, Sony and Panasonic camcorders in this price range have mic jacks only.

The HF R32 also has wi-fi connectivity, 32GB of built-in memory and dual SDXC card relay recording (you can automatically switch from internal memory to the card when your 32GB runs out). Great camera for the price.

I'd spend an extra $28 for a couple of spare batteries from Wasabi, though. Canons are famous for being short on battery life.

Hope this is helpful,

Bill

Hybrid Camera Revolution

brunerww's picture
Plus Member

Jack is right, Hugh.  The Sony CX580V is a great camera - it shoots 1080/60p and produces better images than the Canon. I didn't list it because it was over your budget.  If it makes a difference, it's $1 less at Amazon than at B&H (unless you're in a state where Amazon collects sales tax) :).

Cheers,

Bill

Hybrid Camera Revolution