You are here

Is it just me or is SPAM killing this site?

youtubeforbusiness.tv's picture

A quick question for the site owners and Mods is there anything that we can do to stop the spam?  I know I've only been here a relatively short while but I always thought that this site was actually quite good. But now it seems like the top 10 posts in any section are just spam.  Is there anything that can be done to turn it down a bit?

Mike Wilhelm's picture
Administrator Plus Member

What do you consider spam? We have a pretty agressive spam filter in place, and it looks like it's catching most everything (it's caught 121 posts in the last 24 hours).

Can you post a few links? 

--
Mike Wilhelm

Videomaker's Director of Content

Cville's picture

Mike I haven't seen any spam in a while. 

We don’t make movies to make money, we make money to make more movies.- Walt Disney 

www.ynotvideo.us

BruceMol's picture

as in...

How to Transfer Contacts from PC to iPhone

By yasenayou 23 min 32 sec ago            sometimes there is a half dozen of these junkers

Mike Wilhelm's picture
Administrator Plus Member

It sounds like a timing thing. We have moderators that delete these kinds of spam posts, but when they're not online, things aparently get through.

Here in California, I rarely see them during normal daylight hours. What time of day (and what time zone) are you seeing the spam? 

--
Mike Wilhelm

Videomaker's Director of Content

plnelson's picture

All weekend I've seen postings for "Kitchen Design Lancashire" showing up on videomaker.  They disappear for a few hours, so the mods must be taking them down, then new ones appear.